Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Right Of Permanent Residency Query

Right Of Permanent Residency Query

Old May 29th 2013, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice
Smile Right Of Permanent Residency Query

Well I'm beside myself with excitement, we have just received our letter requesting our RPRF . I know we're not at the end just yet but a least a step closer.

I can pay the RPRF online but my only query is whether I need to send a copy of our passports?

As usual when I'm looking at correspondence from the CIC I get a bit confused!

We currently live in Canada and applied under the AINP.

The letter states that we are exempt from submitting our original passports but I wondered if anyone else had submitted a copy along with the receipt for paying the RPRF?

If anyone can shed any light it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old May 29th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right Of Permanent Residency Query

Just send exactly what they request, no more, no less.
I am guessing that you sent copies of passports with your initial application. In our case that was adequate.
Old May 29th 2013, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

I had a similar experience - the letter had a whole paragraph about not sending original passports (And another about photo specs) but I wasn't actually required to send either. (I checked)
Old May 29th 2013, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

No you don't need to send copies of your passports. We just went through the same process a couple of months ago. It's as clear as mud the instructions huh?

Next step is to get your COPR in the post!
Old May 29th 2013, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
No you don't need to send copies of your passports. We just went through the same process a couple of months ago. It's as clear as mud the instructions huh?

Next step is to get your COPR in the post!
Sure, I agree - just send them what they want. However, I understand the confusion as everyone seems to go down a different path to reach the COPR. Some are asked to send original passports with payment, some with just copies, some with nothing - like us. Some are requested for originals/copies well after payment has been made - it seems that everyone has their own story and the only thing that is as 'clear as springwater' is to send them what they want. Amen!
Old May 29th 2013, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Sure, I agree - just send them what they want. However, I understand the confusion as everyone seems to go down a different path to reach the COPR. Some are asked to send original passports with payment, some with just copies, some with nothing - like us. Some are requested for originals/copies well after payment has been made - it seems that everyone has their own story and the only thing that is as 'clear as springwater' is to send them what they want. Amen!
Yep no 2 stories are the same eh?
Old May 30th 2013, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Hi Smudger, just wondering when you got your ROPR fees requested. We got our's on the 7th of May but we haven't heard anything since. I have read where some people were waiting up to 3 months after to get the COPR. Can you give me any indication of your timeline? Congratulations and lets hope we are both on the way to permanent residency at last.
Old May 30th 2013, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Thanks everyone. You're all right, there is certainly no consistency with how things are dealt with and the instructions are as clear as mud! Oh well time will tell if I've one the right thing.

DoyleLinda, we received our RPRF request just yesterday so we're about 3 weeks behind you by the looks of it. We had our medicals done beg of February, app in process mid April and now the RPRF. I'd love to spend a day in the CIC office to see exactly what goes on. I really hope you get your COPR soon. Are you going to flagpole when you do?
Old May 30th 2013, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Hi there, yes please god we are getting closer, and yes I think yours is progressing quickly too by sounds of your timeline. Hopefully not much longer for either of us and we will flagpole as others have done. Best of luck� ����
Old May 31st 2013, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Yay our status has changed to decision made today, similar timeline to others, seems to be 2 days after RPRF has been paid.

Can I just ask others out there who are in the same position, when you click on 'decision made' and it takes you to the next screen what does it say?

Thank you
Old Jun 1st 2013, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smudger75
Yay our status has changed to decision made today, similar timeline to others, seems to be 2 days after RPRF has been paid.

Can I just ask others out there who are in the same position, when you click on 'decision made' and it takes you to the next screen what does it say?

Thank you
"A decision has been made on your application. This office will contact you shortly with the results".
I am quoting from memory so the precise wording may be off slightly.
It took them 8 weeks till we got our COPR so don't expect anything in the post too soon.
Anyway congratulations.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by Smudger75

Thank you
Congrats. What was the date in April? It looks like we're about the same time as you. We're still showing in process right now.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Decision Made with our's was exactly 2 days AFTER we sent in ROPR fees, so just over three weeks ago. If GC44's timeline is similar to our's hopefully we hear something in another 4/5 weeks. The waiting is a killer but to get this far is 'awesome' Good luck everyone who is in the same boat.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 1:11 am
Just Joined

cben is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

I checked my PR application today online (ecomomic class from within Canada) and it too says:

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Calling the call centre for a status update now pushes me to a call centre agent - who of course is not available

Hopefully this is good news
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cben
Hey

I checked my PR application today online (ecomomic class from within Canada) and it too says:

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Calling the call centre for a status update now pushes me to a call centre agent - who of course is not available

Hopefully this is good news
Yesterday was Sunday. Today is Canada Day (a public holiday).

Government call centres work Monday to Friday only.

Hope you hear something positive soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.