Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Right of Permanent Residence Fee - Where to pay ?

Wikiposts

Right of Permanent Residence Fee - Where to pay ?

Old May 23rd 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future
Default Right of Permanent Residence Fee - Where to pay ?

Hi all,

As some of you may know, my wife recently sponsored me in my application of a Spousal Visa. She is Canadian, and we are both currently staying in the UK. Our application was submitted to Massasauga, Canada, and on to CHC London.

After waiting since mid-March for any news, I got a letter through this morning from the CHC in London.

It is a standard letter with only the following ticked - "Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn) THIS PAYMENT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED IN THE UK. IT MUST BE PAID IN CANADA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE SPONSORSHIP KIT".

In the Applications Fees section on the CIC web site -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

If says "If you are outside Canada -You can find information on fee payment methods at the website of the visa office responsible for your area. Visa offices cannot accept receipts for fees paid in Canada."

When I originally submitted the application form, I paid through the Canadian site and enclosed the receipt with the application, but I did not pay the RPRF.

I am in a catch 22 situation as my wife is in the UK, and we cannot submit payment in Canada unless we use the web site.

I know I am not the first to encounter this, so can someone please give some advice on where to go from here ?

Thanks

GW
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right of Permanent Residence Fee - Where to pay ?

I got exactly the same letter this morning asking the same thing and something else bad. My hubby is in Canada, but he hasnt got a clue, so hopefully you will get a reply soon giving us both the information we require.

Good luck with the application.
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future

Hi Sas-Lou,

After much searching, I am going to do what Biiiiink did the following posting -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489104

Hopefully, one of the places will take notice of it and continue the processing of my application.

Good luck also in your application.

Best wishes

GW
Old May 24th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant.
I'm going to pay online on Wednesday, and fax a copy to london.
Hopefully that should be fine.
Thank you.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

beachbug is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! We got the same letter today so will do what is suggested in the link thread. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Ali aka Beachbug
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:30 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sas-lou
Brilliant.
I'm going to pay online on Wednesday, and fax a copy to london.
Hopefully that should be fine.
Thank you.
You need to mail the printed receipt after paying online, fax won't do it.

To everyone else potentially applying in spousal sponsorship class - save yourself frustration and delay in processing (as request for landing fee adds 1 to 2 months to the process) and pay all fees together when submitting applications to Mississauga.