Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Review of Senior Immigration Officer : What does it mean?

Review of Senior Immigration Officer : What does it mean?

Old Jan 14th 2002, 10:25 pm
Hyperdive

I have attended the immigration interview at NYC in September/2001 (medical:
June/2001) and submitted the landing fee on the same day as per advice of my visa
officer. It seemed to me that she was satisfied with my interview. However, due to
not receiving my landing paper yet, I wrote a letter to the consulate asking them
about the status. Yesterday I got a response from the consulate as follows:

"Further processing of your immigration application requires the following pending
document and/or information to be submitted to the above listed office as soon as
possible :

OTHER: Your file was forwarded to a Senior Immigration Officer for his review."

This letter totally confused me and I am now very much worried about fate of my LP.
Could Mr. Miller/Cohen/Volpentesta/Chen or anybody of this forum please explain me
what does this letter mean. Is it a routine process for everybody, or it has any
negative implications?

Old Jan 14th 2002, 10:51 pm
Andrew Miller

It is a routine process. In your case it was most likely the background/security
check what caused delay in the process.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 15th 2002, 11:10 pm
Hyperdive

Thank you Mr. Miller for your valuable and promising opinion. I have some
additional questions. I have heard that the visa officer who take the interview is
the major decisive person for granting a visa, so what is the role of a senior
immigration officer in case of immigration processing? What factors he might
consider while he reviews.

Moreover name of any specific pending document/informatin to be send by me was not
mentioned in that letter,(i.e. the space was blank under the sub-heading "Further
processing of your immigration application requires the following pending document
and/or information to be submitted to the above listed office as soon as possible .
Does it mean that it is a pre-formatted letter which the consulate usually send while
anybody ask about his visa processing status. Or do I have to ask them what type of
information they require?

Sorry to bother you again.

"Andrew Miller" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I have attended the immigration interview at NYC in September/2001 (medical:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > June/2001) and submitted the landing fee on the same day as per advice of my visa[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > officer. It seemed to me that she was satisfied with my interview. However, due[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to not receiving my landing paper yet, I wrote a letter to the consulate asking[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > them about the status. Yesterday I got a response from the consulate as follows:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > "Further processing of your immigration application requires the following[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > pending document and/or information to be submitted to the above listed office as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > soon as possible :[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > OTHER: Your file was forwarded to a Senior Immigration Officer for his review."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > This letter totally confused me and I am now very much worried about fate of my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > LP. Could Mr. Miller/Cohen/Volpentesta/Chen or anybody of this forum please[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > explain me what does this letter mean. Is it a routine process for everybody, or[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > it has any negative implications?[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 16th 2002, 12:21 am
Andrew Miller

The person making a decision is the officer processing your case and it is not always
the one who conducts the interview. Usually review by senior officer is done for
quality assurance purpose or if some discretion was involved in making a decision by
processing officer.

The letter you received is a generic one, so if there are no documents listed or
checked there then don't worry about it.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Hyperdive" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > It is a routine process. In your case it was most likely the background/security[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > check what caused delay in the process.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > I have attended the immigration interview at NYC in September/2001 (medical:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > June/2001) and submitted the landing fee on the same day as per advice of my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > visa officer. It seemed to me that she was satisfied with my interview.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > However, due to not receiving my landing paper yet, I wrote a letter to the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > consulate asking them about the status. Yesterday I got a response from the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > consulate as follows:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > "Further processing of your immigration application requires the following[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > pending document and/or information to be submitted to the above listed office[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > as soon as possible :[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > OTHER: Your file was forwarded to a Senior Immigration Officer for his review."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > This letter totally confused me and I am now very much worried about fate of my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > LP. Could Mr. Miller/Cohen/Volpentesta/Chen or anybody of this forum please[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > explain me what does this letter mean. Is it a routine process for everybody,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > or it has any negative implications?[/usenetquote2]