Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Returning visa/COPR with error on it

Returning visa/COPR with error on it

Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Neda_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returning visa/COPR with error on it

Originally Posted by kullymack
Hi need help. I collected my family COPR forms and whilst checking my first name which is very long I noticed an error. It had the last letter on missing off it. It has been spelt correctly on all other accompanying CORP.
I was wondering if it would be OK as it was not possible to fit it in to that specific column as it is OK else where?
Hi
We had similar problem. I report the error to the immigration office we had applied (Buffalo) and sent the bio page of passport. We also corrected also his name in immigration office in Calgary. We landed with wrong CPR and also told the agent and he made the remarks for correction. It is been more than two month and he hadn't recieved his PR card and they told you need to ammend the information.
If you have time it is better to made amendment for CPR form and ask for a new one. If not it is okey to land with errorous CPR form but correct it in the landing port and if you could ask the CBSA agent to give you a new CPR form with correct information. You need this form correct for all govermental services in Canada like SIN number...
If you land with wrong CPR, correct the information in any immigration office in a week in nearest immigaration office and ask for correct CPR.