Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

returning during sponsorship- special circumstance???

returning during sponsorship- special circumstance???

Old Oct 13th 2001, 9:30 pm
Mad)_caddie

I'm currently going through inland sponsorship processing. to my knowledge it is at
the closing stages of the application.

My 85 year old grandfather has just returned from a 4 week stay in the hospital,
after having small brain seisures, and now all the family can do is wait. One thing
the doctors have told my family back in Belgium is that his heart isn't good
anymore.He is on the better hand but it can go either way. My question is:

If he should pass away may I attend the funeral and return without any problems?

Meaning: Is there a special condition/circumstance where inland sponsored people,
still going through the process, can return to Canada and enter without any problems
after attending a funeral in their birth country.

I have a family in Canada, a job, and I am taking some correspondence courses. I need
to know if I can come back after the funeral, hopefully it won't have to come to
that, without any problems.

If that is possible can someone please help me out in any way. Would contacting the
local MLA be an option worth looking into?

thanks Tom

Old Oct 14th 2001, 10:32 am
Tonnie

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
just a personal experience. i was sponsored from within as well - got my papers last
august. in july i left the country because my son got married, i went to tunisia and
came back without a problem, i took my workpermit and my marriagecertificate. at the
border they looked shortly at my workpermit and that was it. btw - i am dutch... hope
this helps a bit!

Old Oct 14th 2001, 3:02 pm
Berto Volpentesta

This will depend on the status you have now. If you have a permit that = allows you
to come back to Canada (work permits, multiple visitor visa, = Minister's permit)
then you should be able to go.

If not, if your case has already received AIP, you may present your = situation to
the department for such permission.

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
knowledge
    >
    >
    >
    >