Wikiposts

Returned Photos > How Long Now

Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road
Default Returned Photos > How Long Now

Hi,

We are in the process of a common law application. Our application is currently in process in London.

Today i received a letter from London Immigration which basically said they didn't require anything more from me. With the letter they included the photos we sent off along with 2 of my passport photos which they said can be used if/when my visa is issued.

Is this a common letter to receive? If so, how long have other people waited after receiving this until a final decision was made?

Thanks.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

SarahBella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returned Photos > How Long Now

I'm in the excact same situation as you, we recieved all of our photos back, and 2 taken of my partner saying they can be used when/if we recieve our PPR. So I'd love to find an answer to this as well
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SarahBella
I'm in the excact same situation as you, we recieved all of our photos back, and 2 taken of my partner saying they can be used when/if we recieve our PPR. So I'd love to find an answer to this as well
Was the letter accompanying yours a letter to request more info but none of the boxes were ticked?

Also, how long ago was it since you received yours? We just got ours today.....i'm hoping it won't be long now.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Hello.

No, we didn't get a letter asking for any more information. We got our back on June 2nd. Someone else on another immigration forum told me it took them about a month to get their PPR afterwards.

But I have only heard from one other person...I'm hoping its not the normal waiting time... it sure is getting close to our fly date!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Hello.

No, we didn't get a letter asking for any more information. We got our back on June 2nd. Someone else on another immigration forum told me it took them about a month to get their PPR afterwards.

But I have only heard from one other person...I'm hoping its not the normal waiting time... it sure is getting close to our fly date!
The letter that came with ours didn't actually ask for more information but there were boxes they could have ticked if they wanted more. Fortunately they didn't tick any of ours.

I thought it would have been pretty fast now however I found another person (shadowplay - http://tinyurl.com/2jdzuw) who received this as well and his took about 3 weeeks for the PPR. I'm hoping it will be faster as well.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Hello.

They didn't actually ask for more info from us - there were just boxes on the letter they could have ticked if they needed anything. Fortunately they only ticked the boxes to say they were returning things.

I thought the PPR would be pretty fast now but I heard of someone else who got this letter and then waited for about 3 weeks. I'm hoping it'll be sooner.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by a1anm
They didn't actually ask for more info from us - there were just boxes on the letter they could have ticked if they needed anything. Fortunately they only ticked the boxes to say they were returning things.

I thought the PPR would be pretty fast now but I heard of someone else who got waited for about 3 weeks. I'm hoping it'll be sooner.

Oh...well, no. We didn't get that letter either saying they were just returning things. Hmm.

Aaah, fingers crossed for both of us!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

budda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant future

a1nm,

It doesn’t sounds good,

I think this means you are being rejected.

Haha, only joking. It will be sorted soon mate. Then we can start living the dream. Fancy Xmas in Toronto? Its pretty warm around that time of year
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by budda
a1nm,

It doesn’t sounds good,

I think this means you are being rejected.

Haha, only joking. It will be sorted soon mate. Then we can start living the dream. Fancy Xmas in Toronto? Its pretty warm around that time of year

that scared me for a second when i started to read that - then I realised it was posted by throbber himself. Maybe not christmas in toronto but i think i'll make it over in the near future.

Yey......we've found another means of communication now!!!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

budda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant future

Yeah mate my work inbox seems to becoming over loaded from e-mails form you (although it does look I am working form my work account so keep them coming to there)
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

We got the same letter (but ours had the confusing written note about getting ready to issue medical instructions when we'd already submitted our medical - leading to the trip to CHC yesterday!)

From what I know its about a month afterwards but then we got ours on May 7th and are still waiting (but we did discover yesterday that they'd lost our payment receipt and were querying Canada to see if we'd paid!)

So fingers crossed it will be a matter of weeks till eeryone gets their PPRs!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Kat1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the same letter back on Monday with all my photos etc, with the box ticked saying they've finished reviewing them. Who know's how long it will be now, i've been trying to find that out with no success! Hopefully not long! I'm checking e-cas and the mail box more than ever!!

Kat