restoring my status

Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:37 am
Just Joined

geordie female is an unknown quantity at this point
Default restoring my status

Hi guys I am writing this in the hope someone has any answers for me so here goes I put in my extended stay from in may this year as I have nearly completed my application for pr as I am now married to my Canadian partner and wish to make a life here in Canada with him as the immigration department is on strike they did not look at my application until aug 27th I received my application back on the 6th of September with a letter informing me that I had missed 2 little boxes in my application and also informed me that my status was due to run out on the 26th of September and if I wanted to restore it I was to enclosed 125.00 with my amended application with a copy of said letter on top of my application which I sent back on the 6th of September by express mail witch was received on the 10th of september I have been looking on web sites regarding restoring my status is states I might be refused has anyone on this site had any problems getting there status restored as the clock is ticking and I have not received anything in the post from the immigration department regarding this any help would be very grateful thanks for taking the time to read my post
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:39 am
Just Joined

Default Re: restoring my status

sorry about the spelling errors lol
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:14 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!

I know it's super stressful (trust me i have been exactly where you are right now and worried myself silly).

As long as you sent them all the correct documentation, you should be absolutely fine. They are as aware as the next man of the impact of the strike etc, so I would expect you to be getting your new temp res visa within a few weeks. Between now and then you'll be on implied status, so don't leave the country or they may not let you back in!

If the strike continues on, then you just need to keep applying for an extension to your visit permit (can do this online for about $75) until your pr comes through. Mine were granted every time!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Hi mandy my implied status ran out on june 26th sorry for not putting that in that's why I applied for my extended stay in may the 90 days they give u to restore your status runs out on the 26th of this month they have received my amended application which I sent back the same day I received it with the 125.00 to restore my status on the 10th of this month and now the worrying begins as from what I have read on the immigration site it states I might not be granted it just hope I hear something by the end of this week
Old Sep 20th 2013, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

well its Friday and still no news from CIC regarding my extended stay or my restoring of my status and my 90 days grace is up on the 26th fingers crossed I hear on Tuesday
Old Sep 20th 2013, 9:20 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I think Haggis was trying to indicate that a little puctuation, like a few full stops and maybe a comma or two would make her posts a little easier to read. Each post is written as one long sentence.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Oh sorry about the lack of punctuation.