Residency Questionnaire wait time

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

SinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Residency Questionnaire wait time

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
I don't accuse you of anything fraudulent. I only explaied to you what are the reasons for the situation you are in. And I sincerely hope all will be sorted out fast and in positive manner.

There is no way to get any answers until investigation is completed, although MP (and only MP) may get some answers that will possibly provide you with some hints about your case.
Andrew,

CIC website says same day return trips do not need to be reported. I read somewhere on this forum that all trips need to be reported even if return is same day. Whats the RIGHT thing to do ? Of course if we have to declare same day trips, it will be on a seperate sheer as Residence Calculator takes min 1 day ones.

cheers,
S
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:40 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, all trips must be reported, even few hours long shopping hops. Adjust residence calculator's result manually by adding to it subtracted by calculator same day trips (if it subtracted of course). If separate sheet is needed then use one or more.

Originally Posted by SinghPro
Andrew,

CIC website says same day return trips do not need to be reported. I read somewhere on this forum that all trips need to be reported even if return is same day. Whats the RIGHT thing to do ? Of course if we have to declare same day trips, it will be on a seperate sheer as Residence Calculator takes min 1 day ones.

cheers,
S
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

SinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the rough

Yes, all trips must be reported, even few hours long shopping hops. Adjust residence calculator's result manually by adding to it subtracted by calculator same day trips (if it subtracted of course). If separate sheet is needed then use one or more.
Sure, Thanks

Do you suggest this out of abundance of caution or is it "Policy" hidden somewhere in the law/manuals and their website says not to list these.

cheers,
S
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:45 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Every not reported trip which is discovered by checking passport, border records, tips from third parties, etc. will result in huge delays and interview with judge. So, why risk it?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Every not reported trip which is discovered by checking passport, border records, tips from third parties, etc. will result in huge delays and interview with judge. So, why risk it?
yes

Thank you !
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Ross_J is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't accuse you of anything fraudulent. I only explaied to you what are the reasons for the situation you are in. And I sincerely hope all will be sorted out fast and in positive manner.

There is no way to get any answers until investigation is completed, although MP (and only MP) may get some answers that will possibly provide you with some hints about your case.
Dear experts

A short background:
After doing our citizenship test in January, I received a residency questionnaire because I didn’t report a few hours trip to the US.
I returned the questionnaire in February and after finding that my wife and kids are delayed too as we were all put in the same file.
We submitted a request to separate the file in May. The file was separated in August and my wife was asked to attend the oath ceremony in October

I have the following questions:

1. My wife is abroad now for several months due to work. We don’t want to delay the oath so she will come for the oath but she wouldn’t stay for long. Will she get the citizenship card the same day? Will she get the citizen card the same day for our kids (Younger then 12 years) – Should she bring photos of the kids?

2. Can she leave Canada without a Canadian passport? I assume she can apply for one abroad.

3. How long do you think it would take for them to go over the questionnaire I sent? It has been already 9 months. It is very frustrating for us as this whole thing is because of a CIC officer that expected to see same day trips reported contrary to what is written on the CIC own web site.
This already costs us thousands of dollars (My wife special flight for the oath, extending the PR cards for the whole family etc.)
Is there no timetable to follow?
Can’t I write someone to speed up the process?

Please advice!

Regards,

J Ross
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:36 am
Just Joined

I repeat my question as no one answered:

Dear experts,

A short background:
After doing our citizenship test in January, I received a residency questionnaire because I didn’t report a few hours trip to the US (Not required but the CIC officer at the office insisted on it)
I returned the questionnaire in February and after finding that my wife and kids are on the same file and are delayed too, we submitted a request to separate the file in May. The file was separated in August and my wife was asked to attend the oath ceremony in October

How long do you think it would take for them to go over the questionnaire I sent? It has been already 9 months. It is very frustrating for us as this whole thing is because of a CIC officer that expected to see same day trips reported contrary to what is written on the CIC own web site.

There is no timetable to follow!
Can’t I write someone to speed up the process? - My MP? Maybe Diane Finley,
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration?

Please advise!

Regards,

J Ross
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Strikes me that you are asking the same question that was already answered to the best of anyones ability.

Read back though this post. The MP was already advised - have you done it?

The timescale is undefinable - no point asking again.

There is only so may times people are willing to say the same thing!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, but I must disagree with your conclusions:

1. Mr. Andrew Miller suggested that the reason for the delay might be problems with the PR process. Now that the file was split and my wife is going to the oath shows that this wasn't the case. So this is not the "Same" question.

2. The fact that there is no official timeline for this process only proves the importance of getting feedback from members of this forum to know what should I expect. Originally Mr. Miller wrote it would take several months. I would like to know where I stand.

I will appreciate any relevant feedback from the experts.

Regards,

J Ross
Old Sep 24th 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

You ARE asking virtually the same questions again! I have read all your posts and you repeat yourself continually.

Even the experts on this site can't tell you exactly when you are going to hear from CIC.

The experts have replied to the best of their ability - they are providing a free service!

You appear to only be using this forum for your own benefit - no contribution at all to other threads!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Experts have given up answering haven't they sweetie. Go figure!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

You probably read my post but unfortunately, you didn't understand it.

I hope for you that you wouldn't be in my situation where you don't know how long you will need to wait, and for what.

I find it funny that after I waited for 3 months before I posted a followup you complain that I put too many posts, and to hear it from someone that avarage 4 posts a day...

In any case, I can remind you what Thumper had said in the movie Bambie:

If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKezD7_RZSw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKezD7_RZSw

This is what I like about Canada, and you two will have to get used to it.
In any case, I am sure the experts can decide which question they choose to answer, without your help.

Good Day
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:48 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I know it is frustrating waiting and hearing nothing, it is dementing but the good thing is that it is in hand and each month you wait is one less until you hear the news. I would say that from where I am sat, I envy you being in the position of applying for citizenship - we are not able to apply for PR as yet, though have WP and we will likely have to wait and possibly delay buying a house etc until the PR is done - 1-3 years we hear. Citizenship is where we would be heading too, so this is all good to know for us, but am I missing something? You are there as PR and just waiting for the icing on the cake, life is established and you have your feet well and truly under the Canadian table. There are people here who have 4-8 years waiting in the UK for PR - THATS life hanging in the balance imho.

Just hang in there and it will be what it will be. It will happen, though I dont expect anyone here, expert or not can tell you how or when. And people who write 4 posts average per day - they are contributing to other people's threads here too, not just their own, and I think that was the posters point.

Good luck.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:41 am
Just Joined

First of all, Thanks for the support.

I should say that one of the most frustrating things in Canada is the endless waiting for many things:
PR, Citizenship, Doctor's appointment etc.
Some of it is un-necessary and therefore frustrating.
Imagine: If I were on welfare, I would have gotten the citizenship by now as I was constantly present in Canada, but because I build a business in Canada, employ several Canadians and have to travel to the US, I got "Punished" by having to wait for some officer to read the documents that he requested to prove same day travel to the US - although this is not required according to the CIC web site.

This is why I felt it is important to share this information with other forum members so I hope at least one of them will take the advice posted here and will report every trip to the US, even for 3 hours - Although the CIC web site writes differently.
I also think it is beneficial to other forum members to learn that splitting citizenship file is possible but it takes 3 months.
This is the purpose of this web site: Sharing experience between users.

As for the claim that I am not "Contributing" to the forum:
There are 42000 users in the forum, if all would averag 4 messages (mostly flaming other users) per user will result 160,000 messages a day. I don't think this is what the forum is all about.

I can tell you that my wife is very active on the forums here and I was very active in "misc.canada.immigration" newsgroup so that might answer the "contribution" concern.

But in any case, flaming other users is not a proper conduct. My message was addressed to the experts - Some individuals that invest their free time in sharing their experience. Their help is highly appreciated and I don't think they need help from self appointed moderators.

As a side note, we can start a discussion on the disadvantages of long wait time for immigration. I think that the way the CIC is handling the waiting queue is counter-productive.
Many would be immigrant (In their late twenties, no kids or with 1-2 kids) will cancel their immigration plans if they get the PR after 4 years.
Some don't want to lose the citizenship so they stay the 3 years and split.
Sometimes they send their family and continue to work abroad.
Solving it would be by issuing a WP and handling the PR from within Canada. Another option is to accept that such a wait is unacceptable and prioritize the requests.

As for your situation: If you have a WP, why don't you buy a house? It doesn't matter much for the banks to give you a loan. They might insist on you paying 35% down instead of 25% down but that's it. It is better than paying rent...

Take care,

Ross
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ross_J
First of all, Thanks for the support.

I should say that one of the most frustrating things in Canada is the endless waiting for many things:
PR, Citizenship, Doctor's appointment etc.
Some of it is un-necessary and therefore frustrating.
Imagine: If I were on welfare, I would have gotten the citizenship by now as I was constantly present in Canada, but because I build a business in Canada, employ several Canadians and have to travel to the US, I got "Punished" by having to wait for some officer to read the documents that he requested to prove same day travel to the US - although this is not required according to the CIC web site.

This is why I felt it is important to share this information with other forum members so I hope at least one of them will take the advice posted here and will report every trip to the US, even for 3 hours - Although the CIC web site writes differently.
I also think it is beneficial to other forum members to learn that splitting citizenship file is possible but it takes 3 months.
This is the purpose of this web site: Sharing experience between users.

As for the claim that I am not "Contributing" to the forum:
There are 42000 users in the forum, if all would averag 4 messages (mostly flaming other users) per user will result 160,000 messages a day. I don't think this is what the forum is all about.

I can tell you that my wife is very active on the forums here and I was very active in "misc.canada.immigration" newsgroup so that might answer the "contribution" concern.

But in any case, flaming other users is not a proper conduct. My message was addressed to the experts - Some individuals that invest their free time in sharing their experience. Their help is highly appreciated and I don't think they need help from self appointed moderators.

As a side note, we can start a discussion on the disadvantages of long wait time for immigration. I think that the way the CIC is handling the waiting queue is counter-productive.
Many would be immigrant (In their late twenties, no kids or with 1-2 kids) will cancel their immigration plans if they get the PR after 4 years.
Some don't want to lose the citizenship so they stay the 3 years and split.
Sometimes they send their family and continue to work abroad.
Solving it would be by issuing a WP and handling the PR from within Canada. Another option is to accept that such a wait is unacceptable and prioritize the requests.

As for your situation: If you have a WP, why don't you buy a house? It doesn't matter much for the banks to give you a loan. They might insist on you paying 35% down instead of 25% down but that's it. It is better than paying rent...

Take care,

Ross
Hey Ross_J

What happened with your Citiz case since RQ - any updates ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.