Required Post Landing Services

Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Bobby s is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Required Post Landing Services

I & My Family ( Wife & 9 Yr Son ) Have Just Got Our Pr Visa.

We Plan To Come To Canada In Late July, Can Someone Guide Us For Post Landing Services And Employment Services.

Can We Get Base Jobs After We Get Our Sin Cards As My Friends Inform Me That Getting Even Base Jobs Is Difficult. How Can We Get Base Jobs Fast.

Thank You
Old Jun 10th 2005, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Required Post Landing Services

I don't know which province you're going to but this website for Manitoba is pretty helpful in a general "what should I be doing the first few weeks" kind of way (i.e. how to get bank account, SIN, rent apartment etc etc).

---> http://www.gov.mb.ca/labour/immigrat...ervices/1.html

Best of luck

Biiiiink
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:32 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobby s

We Plan To Come To Canada In Late July, Can Someone Guide Us For Post Landing Services And Employment Services.

Can We Get Base Jobs After We Get Our Sin Cards As My Friends Inform Me That Getting Even Base Jobs Is Difficult. How Can We Get Base Jobs Fast.

Thank You
Its just about contacts my friend.... Otherwise, each province has its employment services office which can help u out in securing a base job....
visit the particular provice's, where u are intending to settle, website and u can find some info
Old Jun 11th 2005, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Bobby s is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point

Bobby-

Just for informational purposes, what visa post did you apply through, how long did it take, and where do you plan to settle?

Best wishes,

Jerry in Chicago
Old Jun 13th 2005, 3:36 am
Just Joined

BDAhuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bobby s

Thank You
Hi there,

Nothing is difficult in this world. Think positive. After you land in Canada. Make arrangement for your luggage, you must have some address. If you arrive early morning. It is my experience in Brampton or Mississauga in Ontario province. You should take taxi, first go to the nearest Human Resources Department. If you reach there at 8AM it is gonna take hardly half an hour to apply for the social insurance number provided you have the address of one of your relatives of friends. Then go to the Bank, it will take about half hour to open an account. Thereafter you should go to the Ministry of Health and it will hardly take half hour to 45 minutes to apply for the health card.

You cannot get job unless you receive your social insurance number but you can apply for health card and also can open bank account. Even you can apply for your driver license if you have one from your country.

I understand that it is hard to get a base job too. But don't misunderstand that it is impossible. Every thing is possible in this world if you have positive attitude, you are hard working and adventurous. If you get a base job and don't work little more hard to get a job of your choice which is possible by improving your communication skills and the skills required in Canada, you will stay in the low paid jobs and will then join the group of people those who are falsely blaming the Government. This country is a country of opportunities. But only for those who can cash it. Look for your base jobs, visit every where, ask people, call agencies, meet people, go to library, visit stores, big malls, look at help wanted. You can get it I promise. Every thing is hard every where but you can make it happen with your firm determination and will power.

Good Luck.

Bhagwan Ahuja
Canadian Immigration Consultant
Member in good standing of the
Canadian Society of Immigration consultants
Membership# M052736