Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Request for updated Police Certs???

Wikiposts

Request for updated Police Certs???

Old Jun 6th 2011, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Gerbera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request for updated Police Certs???

So we have finally gone from 'received' to 'in process' which is great. However we have just received a request for udated police checks, oddly enough ours dont actually expire until the end of September. Plus no medical requests yet though.

I would have thought they would send the two together.....

Any idea as to whats going on?

Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:43 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request for updated Police Certs???

Ours not to reason why ours but to do and comply. Sorry, sad, but the best approach to take.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Ours not to reason why ours but to do and comply. Sorry, sad, but the best approach to take.
Ditto what Jim says.

On the subject of police certs, we got new ones before being asked, (thought we'd pre empt the request which now looks like it will take longer), and then discovered that they need to be submitted before they're three months old.

Our lawyer said we should have waited for request but as we have them to send them in.

My question is, do we write immigration file number on the envelope somewhere?

Thanks in advance for reply Jim

Tracy
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tracys
Ditto what Jim says.

On the subject of police certs, we got new ones before being asked, (thought we'd pre empt the request which now looks like it will take longer), and then discovered that they need to be submitted before they're three months old.

Our lawyer said we should have waited for request but as we have them to send them in.

My question is, do we write immigration file number on the envelope somewhere?

Thanks in advance for reply Jim

Tracy
We wrote the file number on the bottom left hand corner of the envelope on our correspondence with the visa office.

We were also asked for updated PCCs, which in the middle of April when our PCCs didn't expire until middle of July seemed a bit unnecessary. However, we are now approaching mid-June with no sign of PPR (indeed our bank draft for RPRF has not been cashed yet) so probably a good job they did ask for updated PCCs.

Wayne.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Waggle
We wrote the file number on the bottom left hand corner of the envelope on our correspondence with the visa office.

We were also asked for updated PCCs, which in the middle of April when our PCCs didn't expire until middle of July seemed a bit unnecessary. However, we are now approaching mid-June with no sign of PPR (indeed our bank draft for RPRF has not been cashed yet) so probably a good job they did ask for updated PCCs.

Wayne.
Thanks Waggle, thought so but wanted to make sure. We are speaking to lawyer tonight, 11:30 Vancouver time, but have so many other things to discuss and people on BE are always so helpful and quicker with replies

Maybe I should be paying BE instead of our lawyer

you get PPR soon.

Tracy

Last edited by tracys; Jun 7th 2011 at 1:19 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tracys
Thanks Waggle, thought so but wanted to make sure. We are speaking to lawyer tonight, 11:30 Vancouver time, but have so many other things to discuss and people on BE are always so helpful and quicker with replies

Maybe I should be paying BE instead of our lawyer

you get PPR soon.

Tracy
Please do not get me started on immigration lawyers. 90% of them charge extortionate fees, add little or no value to the process, confuse issues and often add delays.

My advice to anyone with a remotely straightforward application is just to do it yourself!

Wayne.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Waggle
Please do not get me started on immigration lawyers. 90% of them charge extortionate fees, add little or no value to the process, confuse issues and often add delays.

My advice to anyone with a remotely straightforward application is just to do it yourself!

Wayne.
Too late! Actually ours is very good, just time difference can be a pain.

Our case is straightforward but I have a medical condition that may cause issues. We thought if we went through an immigration lawyer with experience if fighting cases it would help if there was an issue.

I have Crohnes disease but have been symptom and medication free for years now, so hoping if it flags up as a problem he will be able to fight the case with evidence from GP and hospital.

Hopefully CHC will just accept letter from GP as evidence it's in remission and I'll have wasted my money on lawyer

Tracy
:-)