Ecas query 'In Process'?

Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice
Default Ecas query 'In Process'?

Hi, I just wondered if anyone was in the same situation as me! I applied for PR visa under the post June 2010 rules in Dec 2010. I received my PER at start of March 2011 and was told my my immigration lawyer that my file would now be sent to the London visa office.

My ecas status went from 'Application Received' to 'In Process' since my PER was received, never 'Received by Visa Office'. Has this same status appeared for anyone else, or does anyone know if it takes a long time to transfer files from CIC to VO?

I know ecas has been shown to be unreliable but reading through threads it seems that most people have had 'received by VO' before 'in process'.

Any ideas would be helpful
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Craig_Walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Ecas query 'In Process'?

My application, which was a different kind also went straight to "In Process" you can click on where it says this and it gives you all the definitions. I also called the CIC helpline as I am already in Canada and was told that this was fine and meant that they are actually working on the application and to refer to the online processing times to see how long this can take. This status won't change now until a decision is made and it will show "decision made" and you will have to wait until they get in touch with you to know what that decision is. But like I said, I am going through a different application portal so I may be wrong, however the person I spoke to was under the impression that the status's are generic. Hope this helps!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice
Default Re: Ecas query 'In Process'?

Hi

Thanks for that, was just unsure why it seems to have bypassed the 'received by VO' stage! Hopefully all is ok anyway good luck with your application
Old Jun 6th 2011, 7:15 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elen1981
Hi, I just wondered if anyone was in the same situation as me! I applied for PR visa under the post June 2010 rules in Dec 2010. I received my PER at start of March 2011 and was told my my immigration lawyer that my file would now be sent to the London visa office.

My ecas status went from 'Application Received' to 'In Process' since my PER was received, never 'Received by Visa Office'. Has this same status appeared for anyone else, or does anyone know if it takes a long time to transfer files from CIC to VO?

I know ecas has been shown to be unreliable but reading through threads it seems that most people have had 'received by VO' before 'in process'.

Any ideas would be helpful
We applied FSW Cat 2 Sept 7th and are still RBVO. However, ECAS really is not to be trusted as any advance warning of what the VO are actually doing. Applicants have received Medical Requests while their ECAS is still showing RBVO and it as only changed to IN PROCESS after that! Also some who have submitted Medical results are still showing as IN PROCESS several weeks after they were submitted.
So, although the change is probably a good sign for you, I wouldn't read much into ECAS because it is not an automated update and doesn't accurately reflect what is happening to an application at London VO (or anywhere else from what FSW applicants are reporting..
Old Jun 6th 2011, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi there yes I thought ecas was just messing about but it's hard not to rely on it a bit when you've nothing else to refer to Was just slightly concerned that my application hadn't even reached the London VO yet!

I've just read your new thread calling all Category 2s, hopefully someone will reply and have some good news! (or at least something that we can give us time-lines to work to)
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

When we could first access ECAS ours was "In Process", but with only 2 detail lines (date of application received, and date of PER - with medical requests bugged line appearing and disappearing intermittently).

Then we went to "Received by Visa Office" after a few weeks, and then back to "In Process" after about a month, but this time with the additional line "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on XX YYY ZZZZ".

So basically I think "In Process" is a default category when your application is first available on ECAS. Unless you have the 3rd line above then I think it may not be yet in process.

Wayne.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I do have the 3rd line 'Your application was reviewed and we started processing on xx, yyy, zzzz'
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elen1981
Hi, thanks for your reply!

I do have the 3rd line 'Your application was reviewed and we started processing on xx, yyy, zzzz'
Guess you're in luck then Sounds like they are working on your application.

Just sit tight and wait for med requests!

Wayne.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that hope you're right Nice to get some input from someone who's had their medical requests
Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

We applied in Sept 2009 had we waited til Sept 2010 we would probably be going for meds soon. As it stands we are not even in process. Wouldn't mind but if they bothered to open our file they would see they are getting 2 skilled workers for the price of 1 as my wife is also a skilled worker. It's madness