Request for fingerprints!

Old Sep 7th 2011, 1:02 am
Just Joined

endfield3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request for fingerprints!

Can someone help me in answering my question.

I received a request from Citizenship & Immigration Canada today requesting that I have my fingerprints taken, before they can proceed with our families Canadian Citizenship application.

A couple of things are mentioned in their letter as to why. The letter mentions Section 21 & 22 of the Citizenship Act, which all pertains to parole, probation order, in prison etc. None of which applies to me.

Since moving to Calgary nearly five years ago. I have had two driving convictions.
1. Failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign.
2. Failing to adhere to a road sign.

Could these driving offenses be enough for my application to be refused?

(I am currently pulling my hair out.....gahhhhh)
Old Sep 7th 2011, 1:23 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request for fingerprints!

Originally Posted by endfield3
Can someone help me in answering my question.

I received a request from Citizenship & Immigration Canada today requesting that I have my fingerprints taken, before they can proceed with our families Canadian Citizenship application.

A couple of things are mentioned in their letter as to why. The letter mentions Section 21 & 22 of the Citizenship Act, which all pertains to parole, probation order, in prison etc. None of which applies to me.

Since moving to Calgary nearly five years ago. I have had two driving convictions.
1. Failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign.
2. Failing to adhere to a road sign.

Could these driving offenses be enough for my application to be refused?

(I am currently pulling my hair out.....gahhhhh)
You may have the same name/dob as someone with a criminal record - they require the prints to rule this out.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 4:13 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
You may have the same name/dob as someone with a criminal record - they require the prints to rule this out.
As you are in Canada, go to one of the digital processing companies. The Corp of Commissionaires are one. Results in 72 hours if there is no record. Paper prints up to 120 days.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:44 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this request with no prior history the people at the fingerprinting agency told me that this was more common than I realized and my name ( although unusual ) probably matched someone's with criminal convictions
It wasn't a problem my fingerprints were digitally sent the same day
Good luck