Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Tanty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request for Documents

Hi

Have this morning received a letter requesting;

A copy of my Marriage Certificate
My Right of Residence Fee

We really thought that we included all the documents we needed, obviously the wife only included 1 copy of the Marriage Cert and there should have been one for each application (hers and mine). My wife is sponsoring me using the Spousal Sponsorship Outside of Canada option (she is still in Canada, I'm working in the UK). My wife was approved to sponsor and the letter came to me from the High Commission who started processing my application on the 16th October. Anyway my questions;

1) How long will this put on my processing time now?
2) I paid the fee online last week and sent a copy of the printable receipt to the High Commission in the UK. Will this get accepted or do I need to send this receipt to Mississauga still for them to send to the UK on my behalf?

Whilst I'm looking for a little ray of sunshine on this, am I ok to get my hopes up that they didnt request anymore proof of our relationship and that by asking for the final fee it's a good sign? We'd have been married 2 years in April next year and we lived together for about 2 years in total (1 year of that whilst married).

I have been apart from my wife now for 7 months.. which is incredibly hard but the Immigration Helpline person suggested this would be the best way of doing it incase I am asked to go to an interview. What options are open to me now if this is prolonged? I want to go home to my wife and stepchildren
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request for Documents

Originally Posted by Tanty
Hi

Have this morning received a letter requesting;

A copy of my Marriage Certificate
My Right of Residence Fee

We really thought that we included all the documents we needed, obviously the wife only included 1 copy of the Marriage Cert and there should have been one for each application (hers and mine). My wife is sponsoring me using the Spousal Sponsorship Outside of Canada option (she is still in Canada, I'm working in the UK). My wife was approved to sponsor and the letter came to me from the High Commission who started processing my application on the 16th October. Anyway my questions;

1) How long will this put on my processing time now?
2) I paid the fee online last week and sent a copy of the printable receipt to the High Commission in the UK. Will this get accepted or do I need to send this receipt to Mississauga still for them to send to the UK on my behalf?

Whilst I'm looking for a little ray of sunshine on this, am I ok to get my hopes up that they didnt request anymore proof of our relationship and that by asking for the final fee it's a good sign? We'd have been married 2 years in April next year and we lived together for about 2 years in total (1 year of that whilst married).

I have been apart from my wife now for 7 months.. which is incredibly hard but the Immigration Helpline person suggested this would be the best way of doing it incase I am asked to go to an interview. What options are open to me now if this is prolonged? I want to go home to my wife and stepchildren

Hi, I would send the reciept to Mississauga as they request, I had the same leter minus the request for marriage certificate. I sent the original receipt to Mississauga, (registered post) i also sent a fax copy to them the same day. I also sent a letter with my client # written all over the envelope and a fax to London CHC (I would put your marriage certificate with this too), a little anal i know but it got the job done I got PPR less than a month later. I feel like you just cant be too careful with CIC.

As far as i am aware they will only ask you for the RORLF if you have been accepted and they are ready to issue you PPR. Congratulations. Shouldnt be long now.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Meg Muzza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Request for Documents

hello,

I can feel your pain. I am a canadian/british citizen sponsoring my husband, and we were asked for more info (our marriage certificate) on sept 26th along with a couple other things. We sent it all on Sept 30th and so far we've heard nothing back from them. My husband is here with me but unfortunatly he may have to go back to the UK to work. I hope it doesnt take this long for you..... good luck