in reply to kumar......

Old Apr 25th 2002, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

scarlet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default in reply to kumar......

yes, this is what i am afraid for........
hi, kumar !
you may have read my postings on the usa immigration section, etc. this is what i have been asking canadian/usa citizens about, ie what is life really like there?
and when i read your posting, i thought what good is it emigrating to canada or for that matter the usa? yes, i have paid for iimgration to canada and my interview is due soon, but to tell you truth, if i cant get a proper job there, there is no way i will move from england. even if it means that i lose the $4000 or so i paid for the application. i mean, i have quite decent technical job in electronics where i am earning around £28 000 a year (thats about $56 000 canadian) and ok, there doesn't seem to be any promotion hopes but at least i have a good life with plenty of leisure time. ok, we have refugees coming over here from all over the place and that is changing england in a negative way, but at least we are relatively safe here! there is no way i would even contemplate flipping burgers, cleaning, dishwashing etc. after all the hard work i have done to get qualified, you think i would dump all that down the drain, just cos i wanted to live in the usa or canada ?? no way, mate! i advise you to go back to your home country, wherever that is and make your life there. in my view, you are just killing yourself for nothing doing those menial jobs, when you are obviously of intellectual intelligence.
Old Apr 26th 2002, 1:30 am
Kumar

Default Re: in reply to kumar......

For your information, I did my bachelors at Imperial College, London. Passed out very
well after alot of sweat. I am not not a PR of UK.

That degree is counted ZERO in CANADA.

I don't understand why people from UK want to move to Canada. OK, maybe you have your
reasons.....

You know London is the first place in the world I would have liked to live
in......!!! As I said, maybe u have your reasons. Good luck...

Why don't you take a 2 month sick leave or smth like that, come to Canada, check out
the situ and then make up your mind without giving up your job in UK.

Best Wishes.

scarlet <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > yes, this is what i am afraid for........ hi, kumar ! you may have read my postings
    > on the usa immigration section, etc. this is what i have been asking canadian/usa
    > citizens about, ie what is life really like there? and when i read your posting, i
    > thought what good is it emigrating to canada or for that matter the usa? yes, i
    > have paid for iimgration to canada and my interview is due soon, but to tell you
    > truth, if i cant get a proper job there, there is no way i will move from england.
    > even if it means that i lose the $4000 or so i paid for the application. i mean, i
    > have quite decent technical job in electronics where i am earning around £28 000 a
    > year (thats about $56 000 canadian) and ok, there doesn't seem to be any promotion
    > hopes but at least i have a good life with plenty of leisure time. ok, we have
    > refugees coming over here from all over the place and that is changing england in a
    > negative way, but at least we are relatively safe here! there is no way i would
    > even contemplate flipping burgers, cleaning, dishwashing etc. after all the hard
    > work i have done to get qualified, you think i would dump all that down the drain,
    > just cos i wanted to live in the usa or canada ?? no way, mate! i advise you to go
    > back to your home country, wherever that is and make your life there. in my view,
    > you are just killing yourself for nothing doing those menial jobs, when you are
    > obviously of intellectual intelligence.