Renewing work permit

Old Apr 23rd 2015, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Moge1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing work permit

Hi , I am hoping someone can help me out of this turmoil . We have lived in Canada for nearly 5 years now . We decided to apply for our PR last year as our daughter has started university and our son is very settled in his high school . Unfortunately our application was sent back due to the new process . As my husband's job allows us to extend our work permit for up to 7 years we have had to reapply for that . Normally it wouldn't be a problem but when originally applying for the WP he didn't put down 2 offences which happened 26 and 23 years ago . Both were minor and dealt with with fines . Due to the rehabilitation act in the UK , he didn't think he has to declare them as they are spent . When the police check came back for the PR however , it showed no live trace on his form . So having hired immigration lawyers we have declared all this on our WP renewal form . We have also included all the things he has done for the Canadian community he has done over the 5 years etc . It was a genuine mistake not a misrepresentation . I am beyond stressed , I wake up every morning with a knot in my stomach . Has anyone had anything similar happen ? I would appreciate any advice , the thought of uprooting my lovely family is too much for me to think about .
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing work permit

Police Certificates aren't usually required for work permits however for PR applications they are required. You would apply for the extension and of course if the question about arrests, charges or convictions are asked then the answer would be Yes.
Its not what he thinks regardless of if the convictions are spent or not its a simple Yes or No answer and if you read the question carefully as per this on the application form

Check the box to indicate if you have ever:
committed,
been arrested for, or
been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country.
If you checked “Yes,” provide details.

Chances are CIC won't invoke misrepresentation unless he ticked No on the PR application.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou so much . We did put all of that down on the pr application but the fact he didn't on the original work permit application is what is causing us the concern .
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moge1
Hi , I am hoping someone can help me out of this turmoil . We have lived in Canada for nearly 5 years now . We decided to apply for our PR last year as our daughter has started university and our son is very settled in his high school . Unfortunately our application was sent back due to the new process . As my husband's job allows us to extend our work permit for up to 7 years we have had to reapply for that . Normally it wouldn't be a problem but when originally applying for the WP he didn't put down 2 offences which happened 26 and 23 years ago . Both were minor and dealt with with fines . Due to the rehabilitation act in the UK , he didn't think he has to declare them as they are spent . When the police check came back for the PR however , it showed no live trace on his form . So having hired immigration lawyers we have declared all this on our WP renewal form . We have also included all the things he has done for the Canadian community he has done over the 5 years etc . It was a genuine mistake not a misrepresentation . I am beyond stressed , I wake up every morning with a knot in my stomach . Has anyone had anything similar happen ? I would appreciate any advice , the thought of uprooting my lovely family is too much for me to think about .
All you can do is be honest and hope that CIC don't think it was misrepresentation.

Just checking as you mention your eldest being at university, you'll need to hurry up and apply before she turns 19 so don't delay and get an app in asap.

Good luck.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Thankyou for taking the time to reply . We have applied for a study permit seperately for my daughter who is not 19 until November . Once the WP comes through we will immediately put our pr application in . Im hoping for the right result , should hear in June .
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for taking the time to reply . We have applied for a study permit seperately for my daughter who is not 19 until November . Once the WP comes through we will immediately put our pr application in . Im hoping for the right result , should hear in June .
Personally I'd apply now rather than waiting until you get a new TWP, unless there's any specific reason you're waiting? It's just that if it takes a few months to get selected from the pool then you could be risking your daughter not being able to be included on your PR app, so I'd get an application in asap.

JMO though, best of luck whatever you decide.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Thankyou, I'll double check to see why we have been advised to wait . Everything is ready to go . Thanks again for taking the time to reply .
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thankyou, I'll double check to see why we have been advised to wait . Everything is ready to go . Thanks again for taking the time to reply .
If there's a reason for waiting, then fair enough, but I just wouldn't risk it with such a tight timeframe if there isn't.

If you've got all your paperwork sorted (ECA, IELTS, etc) then I'd apply now. If you wait until June or July and then it takes you a few months to get selected from the pool it will be getting close to November.

Best of luck, hope that you get the new TWP ok and that you get PR in time.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Thankyou for the advice . We will investigate that today . Thanks for your good wishes too . � ����