Wikiposts

renewing visas

Old Mar 27th 2016, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

donnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond repute
Default renewing visas

Hi

I need to renew my family's visas, but am hoping to do it myself rather than having to use a lawyer. I'm just wondering what forms I need to complete?

I need to renew mine and my son's student visa
Renew my husband's open work permit
Change my daughter's visa from a visitors record to a student visa.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 27th 2016, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renewing visas

Originally Posted by donnadooverylittle
Hi

I need to renew my family's visas, but am hoping to do it myself rather than having to use a lawyer. I'm just wondering what forms I need to complete?

Thanks in advance
Maybe you can start by reading through some answers on the Canada immigration website. Most answers can easily be found there http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/
Old Mar 27th 2016, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks in advance
When you say visas do you mean you are from a country that requires a visa or do you mean study permits, work permit and visitor records? Those are not visas and can be done online.
Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker

UK passport holders don't require visas.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

donnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, I mean study permits, work permits etc
I've gone through the eligibility thing online and it is asking about proof funds etc. do I need to provide details of my husband's and my own income?
Old Mar 27th 2016, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you have all the necessary documentation to be eligible to extend your stay you also have the option of doing this at the border i.e. driving to the USA and then turning around and re-entering Canada.

The renewal of your study permit cannot be done at a POE. Im guessing you did all the applications overseas before you arrived in Canada and that is why your son was issued a study permit. He could be issued a visitor record to attend school at the border.
Is your daughter about to enrol in University as if she is attending high school then again another visitor record will suffice.
Your husbands open work permit was based on your study permit so until you sort that out but again it can be done at the border.

Follow this link for extending study permit.
Extend your study permit

If you get the new study permit before the current documents for the other family members expire then they can have their new documents done at the border provided you provide a copy of the new study permit or drive down with them.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

My kids are only 5 and 8. All of our permits were done when we still in the UK
Old Mar 27th 2016, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My kids are only 5 and 8. All of our permits were done when we still in the UK
And that why you were issued study permits for them.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Donna, you need to follow PB65's and FL's links, do some research and try to understand the process in a bit more depth. People on the forum can answer some questions but not every single question relating to an application. They don't know you and your family's exact circumstances and often the answer to a question that you ask is "it depends on ...".

If you are a student, depending on the kind of institution where you are a enrolled, there may (should) be an international student adviser at your institution who is qualified to give immigration advice because they are either an RCIC or a RISA (either means they are qualified to advise on Canadian immigration matters in relation to being a student).

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Mar 27th 2016 at 12:47 pm.