Family Sponsorship

Old Mar 26th 2016, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

optimadam will become famous soon enoughoptimadam will become famous soon enough
Default Family Sponsorship

Hi,

My Mother and Grandma would like to move out to Canada via a Family Sponsorship.

Can I do this on the same application or would I need to fill out two applications?
Old Mar 26th 2016, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Sponsorship

Originally Posted by optimadam
Hi,

My Mother and Grandma would like to move out to Canada via a Family Sponsorship.

Can I do this on the same application or would I need to fill out two applications?
You would need 2 x applications.
Determine your eligibility – Sponsor your eligible relatives

Be prepared for a long wait if eligible to sponsor either.

You can only sponsor ONE.
Option 2 – Other relative

You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the following conditions:
Old Mar 26th 2016, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

optimadam will become famous soon enoughoptimadam will become famous soon enough

The application process you linked is for a different Sponsorship program, "Sponsor other relatives" not for Patents and Grandparents

Sponsor your parents and grandparents

It does say "and" not "or"

Last edited by optimadam; Mar 26th 2016 at 4:17 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2016, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Given there are a limited amount of places every year, that the cap is already reached for 2016 and that the process takes a (very) long time, you might want to look into the requirements/benefits of a Supervisa (as well or instead):

Parent and grandparent super visa

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Mar 26th 2016 at 4:31 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Denzel_pompey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I would like to sponsor a relative (my brother) to live in Canada via the family sponsorship. He is 17. Would this be possible, as I am a recent PR, sponsored by my partner. My partner and I are keen to have him come live with us. We are both working professionals. I would be grateful for any information with regards to making this application.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Denzel_pompey
Hi,
I would like to sponsor a relative (my brother) to live in Canada via the family sponsorship. He is 17. Would this be possible, as I am a recent PR, sponsored by my partner. My partner and I are keen to have him come live with us. We are both working professionals. I would be grateful for any information with regards to making this application.
I think you would need to meet the following conditions

You can sponsor close relatives, related by blood or adoption, such as brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren only if they meet all of the following conditions:

They are orphaned,
They are under 18, and
They do not have a spouse, common law partner, or conjugal partner.
So if he is orphaned, then it's a possibility.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 4:36 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Denzel_pompey
Hi,
1, Unless he is an orphan, he can't be sponsored.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 4:50 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=bc2015;11906927]I think you would need to meet the following conditions

So if he is orphaned, then it's a possibility.[/QUOTE

Thanks guys for the reply. I looked this up on the cic website, and he would not qualify under option 1. He is not orphaned.

However, option 2, seems like a viable option. What do you think?
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Denzel_pompey;11906934]
Originally Posted by bc2015
I think you would need to meet the following conditions

So if he is orphaned, then it's a possibility.[/QUOTE

Thanks guys for the reply. I looked this up on the cic website, and he would not qualify under option 1. He is not orphaned.

However, option 2, seems like a viable option. What do you think?

First part of option 2 states

You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the following conditions:

you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner,
so in your case you have a common-law partner so this is not an option.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the feedback.