Renew work permit

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

mesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant future
Red face Renew work permit

I've been in Canada for almost one year and I need to renew my work permit. I've been nominated for immigration and a few months later the company relocated to a new place so the job offer letter they gave me still refers to the old address. Is that OK when I apply to renew my work permit? It is the same letter I used when I applied to BC PNP; any ideas?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Renew work permit

Can't they just print you a new letter with updated address?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

mesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kleinluka
Can't they just print you a new letter with updated address?
The thing is I'm not sure if it is a good idea to use a letter other than the one I used for BC PNP? The date and address will be different on the new letter as the company moved a few weeks ago while I got my nomination in February.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Well you applied for PNP when the company was still at the old address. But now that it's at a different address you should use the up-to-date address. I doubt the officer assessing your TWP will look at your PNP application and go "ohhh.. the addresses are different. he's lying on his application!" - it's quite common that companies close or move locations... If you want to be sure, attach a letter saying the address is different because the company has relocated. But I would definitely submit your TWP application with an up-to-date address. just my 2 cents :]