Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Relevance of "Rehabilitation of Offenders Act"....experts, anyone..

Wikiposts

Relevance of "Rehabilitation of Offenders Act"....experts, anyone..

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relevance of "Rehabilitation of Offenders Act"....experts, anyone..

susie just dont give up 60 days is nowt in the grand scheme of things and dont let it get in the way of your plans
get yourselves over here and start your future you only get one life

not only that but what did your consultant say re not even needing to wait for rehab??? as all you need is a letter from CHC and you should not have to wait for a full rehab application to be processed??????????????????????

will another 60 days make it 6 months for the whole process for you?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Chi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to all

A friend of mine has applied for a work permit to come to Canada and had a criminal conviction 25 years ago. He was about 19 or 20 and was charged with being drunk and fighting in the street. He has had nothing else for the past 25 years and applied for a police report in the UK which came back clean (the offence was not on the report, even though he'd been before a magistrate 25 years ago and received a stiff fine).

So being honest person he is, he advised the Canada Immigration Authorities (by an enclosed letter with his application) about the 25 year old conviction. However, he is confused why this conviction didn't show up on his police report and if this being omitted from the formal report or the actual conviction will either prevent or significantly delay him from coming to Canada (he has arranged employment).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this. Any information I could relay to him would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chumley
susie just dont give up 60 days is nowt in the grand scheme of things and dont let it get in the way of your plans
get yourselves over here and start your future you only get one life

not only that but what did your consultant say re not even needing to wait for rehab??? as all you need is a letter from CHC and you should not have to wait for a full rehab application to be processed??????????????????????

will another 60 days make it 6 months for the whole process for you?
hiya Chumley,

I have sent several emails to the consultants asking if we really need to wait until the rehab is sorted before we should do for a recci, BUT no reply as yet :curse::curse:

As for the 60 days wait, I don`t think the Embassy will process it in that time myself
I will be asking the consultant to chase up the Embassy seeing as they where the ones to MISPLACE the paper work.......after all I think they should pull out all the stops to get our case resolved quickly, before applications that have arrived after ours!!! or am I being too fussy???

Knowing our luck, if we booked the flights out, zoom or who ever we picked would probably cancel the flight!!

Susie
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:18 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chi_Nook
However, he is confused why this conviction didn't show up on his police report
Probably because it is "spent."
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Chi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
Probably because it is "spent."
Thank you for the reply. In your opinion do you know if this will this delay the issuance of a work visa for him?