Rejected in Immigration Interview

Old Apr 26th 2001, 1:36 am
extramean

I was rejected in Immigration Interview on the basis of an overlooked experience
letter from one of my former employer. Do one need to have one-year experience in the
field of intended occupation or any other occupation. Can somebody tell me what
should be my next step. Has something like this ever happened to one of you. Any
response will be highly appreciated.

--md

Old Apr 26th 2001, 2:01 am
Andrew Miller

Applicants who can't prove at least 1 year of work experience in their intended
occupation in Canada (supported by educational requirements as per NOC) are rejected.
Next step is either an appeal process (which must be started within 30 days from
refusal) if you think that you have been treated unfairly, if you have few years of
time and a lot of money to go through such procedure. If not, then wait till you gain
required experience and apply again, but I would recommend using at least some expert
advice now, after the first refusal.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

eb -----

Old Apr 27th 2001, 3:40 am
ACDone

You must have at least one year experience in your intended field of occupation,
which also must be related to your education/training. If you don't have at least one
year experience then you not only gain no points for experience, you also get 0 on
your Occupational Factor.

Remember that the onus is on you to show proof of experience. You could appeal the
refusal, but you would be better off waiting until you do have the one year, and
then reapply.

Good luck,

ACD

Old May 2nd 2001, 12:29 am
R. B. Global Immigra

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
If you have provided false information you can be deemed inadmissible to Canada, as
well they will normally only accept full time employment although some visa officers
have accepted part time employment on the basis of 8 hours equals a full day and
therefor working 6 months working for 4 hours a day would equal 3 months of full time
employment. The only other viable option would be a certifed job offer for your
specific occupation whereby the empolyer has indicated that they are prepared to
accept you without experience and Human Resources has certified the employment. An
option but not likely one that you can obtain. Ron Beirnes
R.B. Global Immigration Consultants Ltd. 1540-1100 Melville Street Vancouver, B.C.
V6E 4A6 Phone (604) 688-3081 fax 688-3015 email [email protected] web page
http://www3.telus.net/rbglobal