Rehabilitation in the UK

Old Jun 4th 2018, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Parker1304 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rehabilitation in the UK

Hi All,
I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with having to go through the Criminal Rehabilitation process in the UK, my partner wants to move to Canada to be with me. What it was like for you? How long did it take? Any hurdles you had to overcome? Any idea what the success rate of actually being deemed rehabilitated is?
I live in Canada but my partner is in the UK, before I can even think about sponsoring him he needs to be deemed rehabilitated, so frustrating as it was a few silly little things over 11 years ago but I respect this is the process we need to follow.
Any help is very much appreciated
Old Jun 4th 2018, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rehabilitation in the UK

Originally Posted by Parker1304
Hi All,
I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with having to go through the Criminal Rehabilitation process in the UK, my partner wants to move to Canada to be with me. What it was like for you? How long did it take? Any hurdles you had to overcome? Any idea what the success rate of actually being deemed rehabilitated is?
I live in Canada but my partner is in the UK, before I can even think about sponsoring him he needs to be deemed rehabilitated, so frustrating as it was a few silly little things over 11 years ago but I respect this is the process we need to follow.
Have you looked into the IRCC website on this? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-activity.html

Reason I ask is that if it was "a few silly little things over 11 years ago" they would likely be deemed rehabilitated, and not need to go through a process. If they need to undergo formal rehabilitation then the theoretical maximum jail sentence for the crime in Canada is ten years or more; which isn't given for "silly little things".
Old Jun 4th 2018, 5:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Hi, welcome to BE.

It seems to have sped up quite a bit recently, I know the official line is up to a year, but it doesn't seem to be taking that long at the mo. Success rate is excellent as long as he meets the criteria. Does he definitely need rehab? He's not deemed rehabilitated as it was 11 years ago?

Presumably you're marrying your partner first anyway? You'd have to to be able to sponsor him as you don't live together, so hopefully by the time you've got married he'll have his rehab sorted and you can apply for his PR. And presumably marrying in the UK? As if he's inadmissible to Canada that means for any reason, even just for a holiday.

HTH a bit, best of luck.
Old Jun 7th 2018, 1:09 am
Just Joined

Parker1304 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Thankyou for your responses.
Without going into too much detail yes we are 90% sure he had to apply based on research and feedback from other sources we were on the fence but we would rather be safe than sorry. He has more than one offence nothing too serious which was the sticking point as to whether we needed to or not. We never seemed to be able to get a strong answer it was conflicting too in some respects.
🤞🤞🤞 it doesn't take too long then 😁

Thanks Again

Last edited by Parker1304; Jun 7th 2018 at 1:12 am.
Old Jun 7th 2018, 1:35 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Thankyou for your responses.
Without going into too much detail yes we are 90% sure he had to apply based on research and feedback from other sources we were on the fence but we would rather be safe than sorry. He has more than one offence nothing too serious which was the sticking point as to whether we needed to or not. We never seemed to be able to get a strong answer it was conflicting too in some respects.
� ����� ����� ���� it doesn't take too long then � ����

Thanks Again

Find the equivalent offense(s) under the Criminal Code of Canada Criminal Code work out if they are summary or indictable offense. Once you have done that for them all (look at maximum sentence possible - and if they are hybrid, then it's the higher of the two). Then go here and ascertain what the rehabilitation period is for the offense(s) -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/overcome-criminal-convictions.html

Sorry, for some reason the original post came out screwed up and it wouldn't edit - just kept getting a spinning circle, so I had to be creative to get around it!