Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Received in London email - retrospective?

Received in London email - retrospective?

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice
Default Received in London email - retrospective?

Hi everyone,
I just had a quick question about contact from London. I still haven't received notification that our file has been received over here, and by the looks of many signatures, it seems that this notification comes anywhere from a couple of days to about one month after initial contact from Mississauga with sponsorship approval.
My question is whether you only see this date once its come and gone - We still don't have access to ecas, so obviously can't check whether it's been received, but could it be received and just not started processing (is it possible that they might update it and add the date retrospectively?

Hope my question makes sense!

It's been over a month that I was approved as sponsor. It's impossible to know what's going on, but I am trying to work out all possible timelines!

Thanks!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received in London email - retrospective?

Originally Posted by chorlton79
Hi everyone,
I just had a quick question about contact from London. I still haven't received notification that our file has been received over here, and by the looks of many signatures, it seems that this notification comes anywhere from a couple of days to about one month after initial contact from Mississauga with sponsorship approval.
My question is whether you only see this date once its come and gone - We still don't have access to ecas, so obviously can't check whether it's been received, but could it be received and just not started processing (is it possible that they might update it and add the date retrospectively?

Hope my question makes sense!

It's been over a month that I was approved as sponsor. It's impossible to know what's going on, but I am trying to work out all possible timelines!

Thanks!
Hi - I don't think it is ever emailed - the only way that we knew was through Ecas. Mine was received in dec and I think it was only updated quite a bit later.

regarding ecas - have you checked using sponsors details and the case number that was sent to you with the approval? We were only ever able to check ecas using sponsors details and our receipt number or sponsors case number.

It is a fairly slow process and frustrating because you just don't know where you are at until the email/letter finally comes through.

Hope you hear something soon!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by caleo
Hi - I don't think it is ever emailed - the only way that we knew was through Ecas. Mine was received in dec and I think it was only updated quite a bit later.

regarding ecas - have you checked using sponsors details and the case number that was sent to you with the approval? We were only ever able to check ecas using sponsors details and our receipt number or sponsors case number.

It is a fairly slow process and frustrating because you just don't know where you are at until the email/letter finally comes through.

Hope you hear something soon!
YES - We have never heard anything except through ecas regarding our applicatiion being recieved. I would also recommend using the sponsors details, we couldn't check with the sponsored persons name until after PPR.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice

Hi BrennaBoo and Caleo,
Thanks for the reply! It's a relief to know that I our application just isn't getting ignored, but still frustrating nontheless.
I've tried every single combination on ecas (mainly with my name - the sponsor, but also with my partner's)) I've also registered on ecas tracker - with all combinations, so as I suspected, it's just a matter of sitting tight.
Thanks again!
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Hi BrennaBoo and Caleo,
Thanks for the reply! It's a relief to know that I our application just isn't getting ignored, but still frustrating nontheless.
I've tried every single combination on ecas (mainly with my name - the sponsor, but also with my partner's)) I've also registered on ecas tracker - with all combinations, so as I suspected, it's just a matter of sitting tight.
Thanks again!
Oh ! That is frustrating - to get hy husbands to work - he had to put in Scotland...funny they ask him the country he is part of on the applications and he answers great britain but when it comes to place of birth...it's SCOTLAND! crazy!
Old Aug 25th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Finally! We're on ecas!!!! It says the application was received on Aug 10th!!! I can't believe how excited this is. Now I realize this could still mean another 8 months....BUT, I'm still pretty damn excited.
Guess it's premature, the only thing we're in for is more waiting.....!
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Finally! We're on ecas!!!! It says the application was received on Aug 10th!!! I can't believe how excited this is. Now I realize this could still mean another 8 months....BUT, I'm still pretty damn excited.
Guess it's premature, the only thing we're in for is more waiting.....!
You got onto ECAS after only 15 days, and you're using words like "finally"?

Wayne.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Waggle
You got onto ECAS after only 15 days, and you're using words like "finally"?

Wayne.
I think that FSW is very different to family class applications in terms of timelines. But like I said in my initial question, I just don't know what to expect.
I think we all probably hate the wait though.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

I think that FSW is very different to family class applications in terms of timelines. But like I said in my initial question, I just don't know what to expect.
I think we all probably hate the wait though.
I think most routes have a signficant wait nowadays. Post June 2010 is about 1 year. Spousal sponsorship is the fastest I believe at around 3 to 4 months.

We have our visa now - our app was received in August 2010 at CIO, but we couldn't access ECAS until Jan/Feb 2011!

Once we got to April it all went through fairly quickly after that. The worst part was being the guinnea pigs in the new post-June-2010 system. 4 months of no-one having a clue what the system was or when anyone would hear from CIC!

Wayne.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Waggle
I think most routes have a signficant wait nowadays. Post June 2010 is about 1 year. Spousal sponsorship is the fastest I believe at around 3 to 4 months.

We have our visa now - our app was received in August 2010 at CIO, but we couldn't access ECAS until Jan/Feb 2011!

Once we got to April it all went through fairly quickly after that. The worst part was being the guinnea pigs in the new post-June-2010 system. 4 months of no-one having a clue what the system was or when anyone would hear from CIC!

Wayne.
The only good thing, is you forget how painful/long/frustrating every step is to prepare the application, hear anything, etc. Especially when you're thrown a tidbit of news from the almighty cic.
Well done and good luck on making Canada your new home!