Received CSQ!!!

Old Sep 12th 2001, 2:40 pm
Ingrid

Hi all,

I just went for the interview with the Quebec Immigration Officer, and I got the CSQ
for me and my husband!

We now have to send our applications to the Buffalo Office for the medical
examinations and criminal background checks.

We will send the applications along with the processing fee, but I was wondering if
we should as well send the payment of ROLF since the beginning or if we should wait
until medicals are done to pay ROLF? will this make any difference in the
processing time?

If we pay everything at once, should I include separate money orders for the
processing fee and a second one for ROLF, or can one money order for the final
total be OK?

How long are we expected to wait for landing papers at this point? (nationalities:
Mexican, only have resided in Mexico and Canada, living in Canada at the moment)

Thanks for your comments. Ingrid

Old Sep 13th 2001, 4:35 pm
David Cohen

says...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You have the option of sending the ROL fee at any time prior to issuance of landing
documents. If you do so by the time of the notification of a positive selection
decision, there should not be any delays as a result.

>
    >
    >

On draft for the total amount is acceptable.

>
    >

If you are submitting the case to Mexico City, you should expect a delay of
approximately 6-7 months, assuming that no selection interview is required.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Sep 13th 2001, 5:08 pm
Ingrid

Mr Cohen,

Thanks for your response. Let me explain myself:

Because we have applied and received already the Quebec Selection Certificate, there
will be no need for us to go for interview anymore (we have already had a successful
interview with a Quebec immigration officer). He told us that the assessment was
completed and that we had now to send our applications to the Buffalo office only to
get the medical and criminal checks done. Once that is completed, the landing papers
will be issued.

Therefore, my question is: At this point (after successful interview) should we send
processing fee AND ROLF at the same time, or should we wait for the consulate to
request ROLF payment, after medicals are completed?

Also, we are submitting the applications including the CSQ to the Buffalo office as
per request of the Immigration Officer that interviewed us, and because we presently
live in Canada. So I would like to know approximately how much time will the
consulate take to issue the Landing papers giving the fact that no more interviews
are required and that we have already been accepted by Quebec? I know that they will
directly do the criminal checks, as Mexico is one of the countries that do not
require for the applicant to get the Police Cert., so my question goes directed to
the time they will take to check our backgrounds with the Mexican police and the RCMP
(as we have lived in Canada for the last 2 years).

Thanks for your response Ingrid

>
[usenetquote2]> > Hi all,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I just went for the interview with the Quebec Immigration Officer, and I[/usenetquote2]
got
[usenetquote2]> > the CSQ for me and my husband![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > We now have to send our applications to the Buffalo Office for the[/usenetquote2]
medical
[usenetquote2]> > examinations and criminal background checks.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > We will send the applications along with the processing fee, but I was wondering[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > if we should as well send the payment of ROLF since the[/usenetquote2]
beginning
[usenetquote2]> > or if we should wait until medicals are done to pay ROLF? will this make[/usenetquote2]
any
[usenetquote2]> > difference in the processing time?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > If we pay everything at once, should I include separate money orders for[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > processing fee and a second one for ROLF, or can one money order for the final[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > total be OK?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > How long are we expected to wait for landing papers at this point?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > (nationalities: Mexican, only have resided in Mexico and Canada, living[/usenetquote2]
in
[usenetquote2]> > Canada at the moment)[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 13th 2001, 5:44 pm
Andrew Miller

Ingrid,

The fact that you passed the Quebec selection interview doesn't mean that you will
not be called for another interview by Buffalo (for example security interview if
needed) - you may be called for the interview at any given time. Buffalo should mail
to you medical forms with AOR letter within 2 - 4 months from the receipt of your
application. At the same time or later you will also receive a request from Buffalo
for RCMP fingerprinting for background/security check in Canada.

Sending ROLF together with the application always saves at least few weeks in the
processing time as you will not need to wait for and act upon the request from
Buffalo to pay ROLF. You should expect the entire process in Buffalo to take anywhere
from 6 to 9+ months assuming that there will be no medical or security complications
delaying the process.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi all,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I just went for the interview with the Quebec Immigration Officer, and I[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > the CSQ for me and my husband![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > We now have to send our applications to the Buffalo Office for the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > examinations and criminal background checks.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > We will send the applications along with the processing fee, but I was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > wondering if we should as well send the payment of ROLF since the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > or if we should wait until medicals are done to pay ROLF? will this make[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > difference in the processing time?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > You have the option of sending the ROL fee at any time prior to issuance of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > landing documents. If you do so by the time of the notification of a positive[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > selection decision, there should not be any delays as a result.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > If we pay everything at once, should I include separate money orders for[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > processing fee and a second one for ROLF, or can one money order for the final[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > total be OK?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > On draft for the total amount is acceptable.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > How long are we expected to wait for landing papers at this point?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > (nationalities: Mexican, only have resided in Mexico and Canada, living[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > Canada at the moment)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > If you are submitting the case to Mexico City, you should expect a delay of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > approximately 6-7 months, assuming that no selection interview is required.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] http://canadavisa.com[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community[/usenetquote2]