Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Received BC Provincial Nomination- now about that work permit...

Received BC Provincial Nomination- now about that work permit...

Old Nov 8th 2018, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of
Default Received BC Provincial Nomination- now about that work permit...

Hi all,

great success! After many months of dancing around applications, i have finally received a provincial nomination from the BC government,

Now, I want to apply for work permit using my PNP support letter so that I can go out and start work for my employer while I wait for an ITA through the federal scheme and pocess my PR application.

The trouble is I'm a but confused now about how to obtain the work permit. My PNP caseworker said it was possible to just go and apply for the work permit at the port of entry, however I'm not really sure what documents I would need, and since we're not planning to go until early Januray, if it's possible to get the work permit processed online and just go to the border with it already issued I would rather do that.

Do I apply for a work permit through my CIC profile? Which one do I apply for?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sam
Old Nov 9th 2018, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received BC Provincial Nomination- now about that work permit...

Hi sam, we have done the same as you this time last year we went to poe and got our work permits that way !! It's very easy if you look through my posts previously one of the great moderators on this forum (former lancastian) guided me through all what I needed to take with us you just won't need the medical exam unless you are working with children or the elderly, I had to do my medical because i work with children. And as another great moderator on here says hope that helps.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a UK citizen on a UK passport with a valid eTA all you will need is the PNP support letter, job offer/contract if you have one then you can simply apply for the work permit and pay the $155 work permit fee and $100 processing fee if its an open work permit. Thats it no forms to fill out. The employer is responsible for paying the $230 compliance fee if applicable where no LMIA is required.
Old Nov 10th 2018, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Think I'll stop replying to posts now former Lancastian your replys are way more better than mine lol 😁i am trying thou.