Ready to send....but

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Ready to send....but

This is one hell of a rollercoaster ride submitting the FSW Cat 1.

I thought that I had evrything pretty much in order, and as I am off this week was hoping to get it all into London. I waited 5 weeks for OCR to sought out my wife's diploma certificate. Now that it came back I took them up to our friend who is a solicitor to sign as true copies.

However, it seems now that she may not be able to do it as she is not an official notary public. I will hear Wednesday. Another friend's father, who she knows better than me is also a solicitor, but his Dad is a part time Judge.
Maybe opportunity there ?

My attention is also on a guy (64 now) who is currently a long retired colleague of mine from BP who was also a family friend some time ago. He apparently is a JP or Magistrate. I will soon find out tomorrow. It seems that there is always a hurdle to overcome....if not paper - financial !! We'll get there.

JET
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ready to send....but

i know what you mean..... i was trying to get some stuff certified today for the police certificates and they couldn't do it.... so now i have to find an other way to get it done and i want to send off my application within the next 4-6 weeks.. :/
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

The friend who is a solicitor has just come back and send tat she has checked and can sign. This means that we are back on track and London will have the package this week.

I checked on the other option and he is away until sunday, but is a magistrate so probably would have happened but a bit later.

Happy days

JET
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

really? I thought they had to be a notary public? or are all judges Notary public by definition? (must ask sister-in-law lol) You learn something new every day! I'm assuming she couldn't do it for us anyway, as a relative?!

kleinluka - the notary public was the only one who came up with the goods for our police checks. Hence we are running about 3 weeks behind schedule too, now....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

We had to wait for copies of the birth certificates from Canada and Germany too - but the slowest was the Scottish one lol... the things you learn along the way. I had no idea that it was not possible to certify a copy of a birth certificate - cue mad panic and applications around the world for 'original' copies! Nearly there....

Good luck with getting it back this week!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:55 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by debbiem
We had to wait for copies of the birth certificates from Canada and Germany too - but the slowest was the Scottish one lol... the things you learn along the way. I had no idea that it was not possible to certify a copy of a birth certificate - cue mad panic and applications around the world for 'original' copies! Nearly there....

Good luck with getting it back this week!
I am going to jump in here again about notarizing documents. If you follow the Appendix A for London, the only documents that require notarization are:

#6 Professional qualifications certificates: notarized professional qualifications certificates should be submitted if available. (e.g., Engineer, Computer Programmer, Accountant, Economist, Translator/Interpreter, Architect etc.)

#7 For you, the principal applicant:
• notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,
accompanied by an English or French translation

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

If the Police Certificate is not in English or French, you have to attach a certified translation to it.

Other documents, a copy is fine, if you want to go belt and suspenders, a certified true copy.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

PMM - I totally understand where you are coming from and what you are saying. However at the opening bit of Appendix A for London - it does state that all photocopies must be notarised.

It makes you confused and paranoid. However, I have certified copies of all birth , marrige etc from the registrar - only ones I am notarising are the educational and the work references (apart from the one which I had 2 originals for)

I agree with other comments on here, if it was not for this site and the help and advice of members such as yourself I think we would be way behind.

JET