Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Re-entry to Canada - spousal sponsorship

Re-entry to Canada - spousal sponsorship

Old May 30th 2005, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

retropc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-entry to Canada - spousal sponsorship

My in-Canada application as a sponsored spouse was submitted to Vegreville in mid-April. At the time my most recent entry into Canada was returning from honeymoon in June 2004. Since then we have travelled to the UK, returning mid-May 2005.

Do I need to inform CIC Vegreville about my most recent entry into the country? We're planning to travel back to the UK for my brother's wedding in August (assuming my application for WP extension has been approved), and I expect that we'll be back in Canada before processing of my application starts (current processing time for Spousal apps is 5 months). Should I send in one update now, or just wait until we return in September to inform CIC?
Old May 30th 2005, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

emma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Re-entry to Canada - spousal sponsorship

Do you have to tell them when you are out of the country? Does this affect you application in any way if you are just on vacation? I was under the impression it was only a problem if you are refused entry back to Canada - oh heck, there's an awful lot more too this than meets the eye isn't there! Good luck with you application - I am sure someone on here knows the answer!
Old May 30th 2005, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

retropc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emma69
Do you have to tell them when you are out of the country? Does this affect you application in any way if you are just on vacation? I was under the impression it was only a problem if you are refused entry back to Canada - oh heck, there's an awful lot more too this than meets the eye isn't there! Good luck with you application - I am sure someone on here knows the answer!
Thanks for the reply.

As far as I know, there's no need to inform CIC of my absence from the country, and it has no effect on my application. However, one of the questions on the application is the date of most recent entry into Canada, and a copy of the passport page containing that stamp must be included. The information I provided in my application is now out-of-date, but is likely to change again before anyone looks at it.
Old May 30th 2005, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Stig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by retropc
My in-Canada application as a sponsored spouse was submitted to Vegreville in mid-April. At the time my most recent entry into Canada was returning from honeymoon in June 2004. Since then we have travelled to the UK, returning mid-May 2005.

Do I need to inform CIC Vegreville about my most recent entry into the country? We're planning to travel back to the UK for my brother's wedding in August (assuming my application for WP extension has been approved), and I expect that we'll be back in Canada before processing of my application starts (current processing time for Spousal apps is 5 months). Should I send in one update now, or just wait until we return in September to inform CIC?
I left and re-entered Canada numerous times (Business trips and Vacations) while I was waiting for my Application to be looked at, and while it was being processed, I didn't inform them. I am applying as a sponsored spouse. I believe my application has been approved, and I am just waiting to hear from the local office regarding the Landing process. Leaving the country doesn't appear to have had any effect on my application. Good Luck...