RCMP Police Certificate in USA

Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

minute_edm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RCMP Police Certificate in USA

Hi

I used to live in Canada, but now I have moved to the US to pursue my studies. Immigration Canada has asked me to send them a RCMP Police Certificate. Does anyone know how should I obtain that here in the US?

Thanks
Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RCMP Police Certificate in USA

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...rity/index.asp

Others may know more, but it's been reported that the electronic process is quicker than paper-based.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:44 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by minute_edm
Hi

I used to live in Canada, but now I have moved to the US to pursue my studies. Immigration Canada has asked me to send them a RCMP Police Certificate. Does anyone know how should I obtain that here in the US?

Thanks
1. Here is the link to the RCMP site. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm be prepared for a wait of about 4 months.
2. If you are close to the Canadian border, you may want to get digital prints done at one the providers http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob116.asp results in 72 hours.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

minute_edm is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for your responses. The problem is that they have asked me to send them the documents in 60 days (5 days already passed), or they will refuse the case. Unfortunately I don't live close to border, so I don't the option of traveling going through the process from inside Canada.
If getting the RCMP police certificate takes 4 months to be issued, I think I am going to lose the game. Do you guys have any idea about how I can solve this problem?