RCMP police certificate

Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

hunterh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RCMP police certificate

RCMP replied to me that my fingerprint was received on June-29-2004. Is there anyone here who sent fingerprint to RCMP about the same time and is still waiting now?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RCMP police certificate

Hi Hunterh[

QUOTE=hunterh]RCMP replied to me that my fingerprint was received on June-29-2004. Is there anyone here who sent fingerprint to RCMP about the same time and is still waiting now?[/QUOTE]

Probably lots, as the posted processing time is a 150 days.

PMM
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

jorja is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent mine in June 2004, I received the approved version at my home address in UK in August.

Originally Posted by hunterh
RCMP replied to me that my fingerprint was received on June-29-2004. Is there anyone here who sent fingerprint to RCMP about the same time and is still waiting now?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:42 pm
ACL
Forum Regular

ACL will become famous soon enough

Do you have to submit a police certificate with your PR application if you have lived in Canada over 6 months?

We haven't yet but it will be 6 months at the end of December which is when we want to have sent in our applications by......do you think it would be a good idea to apply for police certificate now??

Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2004, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ACL
Do you have to submit a police certificate with your PR application if you have lived in Canada over 6 months?

We haven't yet but it will be 6 months at the end of December which is when we want to have sent in our applications by......do you think it would be a good idea to apply for police certificate now??

Thanks
if i could know that RCMP would talk this long, i would have get it done before buffalo requests it.

now nothing i can do but wait..............
Old Oct 29th 2004, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

kenshin78 is an unknown quantity at this point

if i could know that RCMP would talk this long, i would have get it done before buffalo requests it.

now nothing i can do but wait..............
It took me 5 months.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

spas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi hunterh,
I sent mine on July the 2nd and Buffalo got it recently. I guess a couple of weeks ago at the most. I don't know exactly when as RCMP never replied to my e-mails.

Good luck

spas
Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

water-ruby is an unknown quantity at this point

ACL:

RCMP fingerprints check MUST be submitted if you have stayed in Canada for any period of time. In your case, if you are in Canada right now, you don't have to submit it until they request it from you during IA. Some people submit it a few months before their IA to facilitate processing of their immigration case. Hope this helps..
Old Nov 16th 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spas
Hi hunterh,
I sent mine on July the 2nd and Buffalo got it recently. I guess a couple of weeks ago at the most. I don't know exactly when as RCMP never replied to my e-mails.

Good luck

spas

Just received CAIPS note yesterday. When I saw the brown envelope in my mailbox, I was so nervous, but after I found out it is not from Buffalo, my heat sunk....

The only help from this CAIPS note is that I found out Buffalo received RCMP fingerprint police certificate on Oct. 26. So it took about 4 months (received by RCMP on June 29).
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received CAIPS note yesterday. When I saw the brown envelope in my mailbox, I was so nervous, but after I found out it is not from Buffalo, my heat sunk....

The only help from this CAIPS note is that I found out Buffalo received RCMP fingerprint police certificate on Oct. 26. So it took about 4 months (received by RCMP on June 29).

Does anyone know if there is a form to submit to RCMP to get the check done or do you just send your fingerprints with a cover letter. I understand there is noe fee when it is for immigration. I am from the UK. Can anyone advise?
Old Dec 8th 2004, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jameso
Does anyone know if there is a form to submit to RCMP to get the check done or do you just send your fingerprints with a cover letter. I understand there is noe fee when it is for immigration. I am from the UK. Can anyone advise?
I don't recall that I sent the fingerprints with a cover letter. I just stamped the envelope got from the fingerprint office and mailed it out, and paid no fee.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

I don't recall that I sent the fingerprints with a cover letter. I just stamped the envelope got from the fingerprint office and mailed it out, and paid no fee.
Is there no application form then or do the police here just have a generic form that they put the fingerprints on for sending specifically to RCMP??

I am missing something. Do you mean you just sent you fingerprints to the RCMP address with no explanation???

Sorry to be a dunce!!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jameso
Is there no application form then or do the police here just have a generic form that they put the fingerprints on for sending specifically to RCMP??

I am missing something. Do you mean you just sent you fingerprints to the RCMP address with no explanation???

Sorry to be a dunce!!
THere is a form. CHeck this out.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/crimrec/finger2_e.htm#Obtain
Final step (checklist) :

Before sending your application, make sure it contains the following:

original fingerprint form
full name
date of birth
sex
mailing address
phone number, fax number or email address
reason for application
processing fee ( if applicable)
third party consent letter (if applicable)
Old Dec 8th 2004, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

THere is a form. CHeck this out.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/crimrec/finger2_e.htm#Obtain
Final step (checklist) :

Before sending your application, make sure it contains the following:

original fingerprint form
full name
date of birth
sex
mailing address
phone number, fax number or email address
reason for application
processing fee ( if applicable)
third party consent letter (if applicable)
Thanks again, but I cannot see an actual application form on that link. Can I ask from which country you sent your fingerprints from and excatly how you sent them (i.e with what extra documentaion/explanation????)