Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

RCMP finger prints - but only for wife??

Wikiposts

RCMP finger prints - but only for wife??

Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RCMP finger prints - but only for wife??

Originally Posted by live to ski
Not rubber gloves and KY jelly?
noooooooooooooo
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pete66
Hi

Last week, I had my medical requests....today my lawyer sent me a copy of a letter form CIC London requesting RCMP fingerprints for my wife only. We have both been in Canada the same amount of time....We both sent in UK police checks....is this normal or should we be worried???

Thanks

Pete
Hi Pete,

I was also asked by London CHC to send in my fingerprints. I emailed CHC to ask what the prints were being for and they said "additional background checks"

As others have said I think this has happened because someone with the same name as your wife has committed a crime. This would make a lot of sense as when I applied for a mortgage a while back the solicitor rang me and asked me a few random questions. She said it was because there was a person with the same name as me and they were wanted by the police. She said they were obliged to make sure I wasn't the same person.

I think this has delayed my case slightly but hopefully won't cause any major problems. I sent the prints off on the 16th June. Since then my ecas has been updated to say medical results received but nothing else as yet.

Good luck!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Thanks a1anm...going to try and sort it out for this week. Do you know if you can have fingerprints taken at the weekend?

Pete
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a1anm...going to try and sort it out for this week. Do you know if you can have fingerprints taken at the weekend?

Pete
I think it really depends on the police station you go to and how busy they are. I got mine done on a Friday evening but I had to try a few different stations before I got one which would do it as they were all busy.

Try calling and see what they say ahead of time.

Did you get asked to get an RCMP check done and then forward it to CHC or did they ask you to send your fingerprints directly to CHC? I got asked to send mine directly to CHC so I don't think they are using my prints for an RCMP check. I think they are using them to run their own check in the UK.

Last edited by a1anm; Sep 18th 2007 at 3:22 am.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi

The letter from immigration just asks for us to provide " a full set of fingerprints tkaen and certified by the police" I am to then send them directly back to CIC London.
When I rang the RCMP office today, they asked if I was to have ink of digital prints and whether they are to be sent to RCMP for verification.....do you know the difference and if by the letter I have received I have to send them elsewhere before sending them back to the UK?

Thanks

Pete
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

I did a bit of reading after I received a similar letter (asking to get the prints sent directly to CIC). I came to the conclusion that the prints weren't going to be used for an RCMP check as you can only request these in person so CIC would have asked you to send your prints to RCMP and get the results forwarded to them.

Why I think they ask for this is because when CIC run their UK background checks a red flag would have come up against your wifes name ie. someone with the same/similar name has a criminal record. They then ask for you to send the prints in so they can verify they aren't the same people.

I had to get ink fingerprints as the police station only took digital prints of actual criminals. I didn't send them anywhere else first. I basically went to the police station, got the prints on their standard fingerprint card, they signed it etc and then I sent it straight to London. I'm assuming this was all OK as I sent them mid June and haven't heard anything back since then.

Hi

The letter from immigration just asks for us to provide " a full set of fingerprints tkaen and certified by the police" I am to then send them directly back to CIC London.
When I rang the RCMP office today, they asked if I was to have ink of digital prints and whether they are to be sent to RCMP for verification.....do you know the difference and if by the letter I have received I have to send them elsewhere before sending them back to the UK?

Thanks

Pete
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

When I rang the RCMP office today
What number did you call to speak to someone from RCMP? I am going to give them a call so find out for sure if my prints were forwarded to them or not.

Cheers.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

we rang the Newmarket, Ontario number for RCMP 905 953 7267.

Our lawyer has told us to have the digital prints done as they are faster.
We are pretty confused as lawyer thinks they will email them to Ottawa for Canadian police check but letter says to send them back to London....so my wife is just going to go down there and see what they say.

And I thought things were going smoothly!!!

Pete
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

we rang the Newmarket, Ontario number for RCMP 905 953 7267.

Our lawyer has told us to have the digital prints done as they are faster.
We are pretty confused as lawyer thinks they will email them to Ottawa for Canadian police check but letter says to send them back to London....so my wife is just going to go down there and see what they say.

And I thought things were going smoothly!!!

Pete
I know the feeling. I thought we were near the finish line when I was asked to send my prints off.

So your lawyer thinks they will be used for an RCMP check. I will try contacting RCMP and see if my prints were forwarded there by CIC.

I'd imagine digital prints would definitely speed the process up, unfortunately I was unable to get these done.

Keep me posted on any info you get...

Cheers.