Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

RCMP finger prints - but only for wife??

Wikiposts

RCMP finger prints - but only for wife??

Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future
Default RCMP finger prints - but only for wife??

Hi

Last week, I had my medical requests....today my lawyer sent me a copy of a letter form CIC London requesting RCMP fingerprints for my wife only. We have both been in Canada the same amount of time....We both sent in UK police checks....is this normal or should we be worried???

Thanks

Pete
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:38 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RCMP finger prints - but only for wife??

Originally Posted by pete66
Hi

Last week, I had my medical requests....today my lawyer sent me a copy of a letter form CIC London requesting RCMP fingerprints for my wife only. We have both been in Canada the same amount of time....We both sent in UK police checks....is this normal or should we be worried???

Thanks

Pete
Do you generally know what your wife's up to when you're not around? The answer to that question will determine whether you should be worried or not.

Sorry, got no idea, just wanted to sow the seeds of paranoia
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi R I C H

Apart from spending lots of money....don't think she is guilty of anything else!

Pete
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Thanks

Pete
hi pete....why not ask your lawyer..?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Maple Leaf

I couldn't get hold of him....so panic started to set in. I have just spoken to his assistant.....who asked if my wife had been in any trouble in Canada, which she hasn't. She said it was probably that somebody who had committed a crime here had the same name etc...and so the fingerprints would eliminate my wife.

It's moments like this that really stress you out!
Pete
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi Maple Leaf

I couldn't get hold of him....so panic started to set in. I have just spoken to his assistant.....who asked if my wife had been in any trouble in Canada, which she hasn't. She said it was probably that somebody who had committed a crime here had the same name etc...and so the fingerprints would eliminate my wife.

Pete

ahhh deep breathes!!!! this too shall pass!!! all will be well....
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

Hi Maple Leaf

Pete
I have been told that if you state on the envelope that the RCMP check is for immigration and have a 'return by' date then they may put you to the top of the pile. I was unable to test this as I found out after I had sent my prints off and waited the 40 days. May be worth a try though. Best of luck.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by L'il Bear
I have been told that if you state on the envelope that the RCMP check is for immigration and have a 'return by' date then they may put you to the top of the pile. I was unable to test this as I found out after I had sent my prints off and waited the 40 days. May be worth a try though. Best of luck.
hello lil bear...love that name BTW...

anyways...when my husband sent for a clearance for here in Canada..he sent a cover letter stating what he wanted it for...( immigration to australia etc)....they sent it back to him in half the time..i will say it was a very polite cover letter....acknowledging how busy they are etc and what a great service they provide

so every little bit helps huh..
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
hello lil bear...love that name BTW...

anyways...when my husband sent for a clearance for here in Canada..he sent a cover letter stating what he wanted it for...( immigration to australia etc)....they sent it back to him in half the time..i will say it was a very polite cover letter....acknowledging how busy they are etc and what a great service they provide

so every little bit helps huh..
Thank you
That's a great idea too! Having spent my time in customer service I can vouch for the fact that politeness pays
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

I've always liked the phrase.... "you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar".

Oggy
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
I've always liked the phrase.... "you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar".

Oggy
Good one! Never heard it. Love it!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Not that it is much help to you but I always get pulled over at airports for "random searches". Last time I did ask how random this was because Mr Live to Ski never gets randomly searched.

Apparently it isn't very random and possibly something to do with someone having the same name as me who "they" have an eye on.

My name is very boring and English. I am a short, blonde caucasian. And other than living in Canada this past year, bit of gap year travelling round SE Asia, and a few ski and sailing seasons in Europe I have lead a very boring life.

Last time, Mr Live to Ski said it was so funny to watch little me, and 3 massive very middle-eastern looking guys being taken off for our searches!

I wonder what my evil twin somewhere out there has been up to!

Anyway, I am very intrigued to see if I get asked for more RCMP fingerprinting or whatever than Mr Live to Ski .........
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NessieOggy

Oggy
yep yep yep!!..karma coming to you!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by live to ski
Not that it is much help to you but I always get pulled over at airports for "random searches". Last time I did ask how random this was because Mr Live to Ski never gets randomly searched.

Apparently it isn't very random and possibly something to do with someone having the same name as me who "they" have an eye on.

My name is very boring and English. I am a short, blonde caucasian. And other than living in Canada this past year, bit of gap year travelling round SE Asia, and a few ski and sailing seasons in Europe I have lead a very boring life.

Last time, Mr Live to Ski said it was so funny to watch little me, and 3 massive very middle-eastern looking guys being taken off for our searches!

I wonder what my evil twin somewhere out there has been up to!

Anyway, I am very intrigued to see if I get asked for more RCMP fingerprinting or whatever than Mr Live to Ski .........
haa reminds me of the time my step mother and i landed at LA airport only for her to be greeted by a security curious lot!!! she looked very similair to a woman that was on the HIGH security list at american airports at the time!!! ...and every where we travelled through australia to the states and across the country..she was searched..her luggage was searched and she was questioned etc....and she is american..whilst i had never been out of the country at that time..breezed through everwhere without a glance at me...LOL...tho mind you that got made up for the second time i came into Canada..but lets not go there!!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Not rubber gloves and KY jelly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.