RCMP Check from the UK

Old Aug 28th 2018, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RCMP Check from the UK

I have sent off my CEC application for PR, and have had a request for an RCMP check. I have returned to the UK following a 2 year IEC visa while my PR gets processed. Has anyone had experience in getting this check done from outside of Canada, and what the cheapest / most convenient process is?

Thanks
Old Aug 28th 2018, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RCMP Check from the UK

As far as I am aware this CANNOT be done outside of Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ne-4-2009.html

There again I might be wrong.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:12 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by rana1
I have sent off my CEC application for PR, and have had a request for an RCMP check. I have returned to the UK following a 2 year IEC visa while my PR gets processed. Has anyone had experience in getting this check done from outside of Canada, and what the cheapest / most convenient process is?

Thanks
1. Follow the instructions here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ow/canada.html
2 Note you will have to send the rolled prints to a company in Canada to have them digitized for submission to the RCMP
Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Follow the instructions here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ow/canada.html
2 Note you will have to send the rolled prints to a company in Canada to have them digitized for submission to the RCMP
Thanks for the info!
Is there anywhere I can find the approved accredited companies? The RCMP link doesn't actually give a list. I want to reach out to each company and find out which the cheapest is.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 2:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info!
Is there anywhere I can find the approved accredited companies? The RCMP link doesn't actually give a list. I want to reach out to each company and find out which the cheapest is.
It doesn't and I'm not sure there is an official list.. but a google search brings up a fair few options.

Look for the ones that say RCMP Letter of Accreditation fingerprinting - then double check that they have that.

Here you go:

https://www.google.ca/search?cr=coun....0.5Qte19tPyGw
Old Aug 29th 2018, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It doesn't and I'm not sure there is an official list.. but a google search brings up a fair few options.

Look for the ones that say RCMP Letter of Accreditation fingerprinting - then double check that they have that.

Here you go:

https://www.google.ca/search?cr=coun....0.5Qte19tPyGw
Cheapest I could seem to find was $120 which is as good as I think it'll get. Struggling with somewhere to get my prints done in and around London though. The police will do it but £77 is pretty rough
Old Aug 30th 2018, 10:56 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Cheapest I could seem to find was $120 which is as good as I think it'll get. Struggling with somewhere to get my prints done in and around London though. The police will do it but £77 is pretty rough
I went through that same process last year and it's an expensive pain.

Essentially in the UK your prints have to be taken by the cops and different police constabularies have the freedom to charge what they like. I think I paid around £65 but it took a while to get an appointment and I had to travel out of my way a bit to do it.

On the Canadian side I think I paid around $100 and after emailing the scans I received the certificate in the UK around 10 days later. I chose the cheapest option whereby the RCMP just mail the certificate to the UK directly.

FWIW the RCMP process the applications extremely quickly as long as you're clean however the way they run this through private companies and Mom and Pop security firms leaves a lot to be desired.