quota - please help

Old Sep 10th 2002, 2:08 am
Donald

Default quota - please help

Hello group and experts, below you will find an paragraph copied from one of the
responses here. Does anyone know of the "quota" that is mentioned and does it apply
to "Family class application" ?

> We made a mistake of not paying the ROLF along with the application(we were
    > unfortunetly under the impression that u pay the landing fee when u enter canada)
    > so they had to send a letter asking us to pay the ROLF, that delayed the whole
    > thing and now I have been informed that they have reached the quota for the year
    > and my PR will be issued in jan

Thanking you all in advance. Don

Old Sep 10th 2002, 4:17 am
Andrew Miller

Default Re: quota - please help

Canada has annual targets of immigrants to be admitted each year established by
our Parliament for each class of immigrants. So, yes - family class has targets
defined as well.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"Donald" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello group and experts, below you will find an paragraph copied from one of the
    > responses here. Does anyone know of the "quota" that is mentioned and does it apply
    > to "Family class application" ?
    > > We made a mistake of not paying the ROLF along with the application(we were
    > > unfortunetly under the impression that u pay the landing fee when u enter canada)
    > > so they had to send a letter asking us to pay the ROLF, that delayed the whole
    > > thing and now I have been informed that they have reached the quota for the year
    > > and my PR will be issued in jan
    > Thanking you all in advance. Don

Old Sep 10th 2002, 12:59 pm
pkjmet

"Andrew Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
    > Canada has annual targets of immigrants to be admitted each year established by our
    > Parliament for each class of immigrants. So, yes - family class has targets defined
    > as well.
    > --
    > ../..
    > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > [email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
    > sending email)
    > ________________________________
    > "Donald" <[email protected]> wrote in message [url="news:Nucf9.2669$I65-[/q1]
[q1]> [email protected]"]news:[email protected][-

> /url]...
    > > Hello group and experts, below you will find an paragraph copied from one of the
    > > responses here. Does anyone know of the "quota" that is mentioned and does it
    > > apply to "Family class application" ?
    > >
    > > > We made a mistake of not paying the ROLF along with the application(we were
    > > > unfortunetly under the impression that u pay the landing fee when u enter
    > > > canada) so they had to send a letter asking us to pay the ROLF, that delayed
    > > > the whole thing and now I have been informed that they have reached the quota
    > > > for the year and my PR will be issued in jan
    > >
    > > Thanking you all in advance. Don
    > >
    > >

Each post has a target, call it a quota as it realy is one. When a post reaches their
quota early in the year they stop issuing visas. Therefore if you are one of those
who is caught by this you may have to wait for the new year. This happens every year
about this time.

Jim Metcalfe , Consultant and former visa officer

Old Sep 10th 2002, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light
Question Re: quota - please help

> > > We made a mistake of not paying the ROLF along with the application(we were
    > > > unfortunetly under the impression that u pay the landing fee when u enter
    > > > canada) so they had to send a letter asking us to pay the ROLF, that delayed
    > > > the whole thing and now I have been informed that they have reached the quota
    > > > for the year and my PR will be issued in jan
    > >
    > > Thanking you all in advance. Don
    > >
    > >

Each post has a target, call it a quota as it realy is one. When a post reaches their
quota early in the year they stop issuing visas. Therefore if you are one of those
who is caught by this you may have to wait for the new year. This happens every year
about this time.

Jim Metcalfe , Consultant and former visa officer

OK, now I'm really worried!

Don, did you apply through London?, we also did not send our ROLF till requested(June this year)and have heard nothing since our medicals late May, they started processing our application late Feb, now you have me really worried, if that is possible!-What are your timelines? and did you have jobs to go to?
Thanks for any input
Pammy
Old Sep 10th 2002, 9:12 pm
Donald

Hi Pammy, I think I misled you about my personal situation, I in fact did pay the
ROLF in advance, the text above is from another post not my own case. My case is in
the Singapore office. Applied early may.2002. Have recieved AOR and just recently a
letter asking for more proof of relationship dated July 5, this is why I asked about
the quota.

Hope this helps you and good luck. "Pammy" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:411384.1031667502@briti-
shexpats.com
    > > > > We made a mistake of not paying the ROLF along with the application(we were
    > > > > unfortunetly under the impression that u pay the landing fee when u enter
    > > > > canada) so they had to send a letter asking us to pay the ROLF, that delayed
    > > > > the whole thing and now I have been informed that they have reached the quota
    > > > > for the year and my PR will be issued in jan
    > > >
    > > > Thanking you all in advance. Don
    > > >
    > > >
    > Each post has a target, call it a quota as it realy is one. When a post reaches
    > their quota early in the year they stop issuing visas. Therefore if you are one of
    > those who is caught by this you may have to wait for the new year. This happens
    > every year about this time.
    > Jim Metcalfe , Consultant and former visa officer
    > OK, now I'm really worried!
    > Don, did you apply through London?, we also did not send our ROLF till
    > requested(June this year)and have heard nothing since our medicals late May, they
    > started processing our application late Feb, now you have me really worried, if
    > that is possible!-What are your timelines? and did you have jobs to go to? Thanks
    > for any input Pammy
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 10th 2002, 10:33 pm
The Wizzard

they cant have gotten there yet as our yahoo group had one PR stamped passport arrive
today and also a request for passports arrived today both from London CHC for a
couple of people so they must still have some of their quota left, one was in family
class and one was in skilled worker. Also London CHC now has , i think, less
applciants than it used to, i think soemwhere like say India or Pakistan or China
that have the highest volume of applications nad make up the majority of PR visas
probably reach their targets before anyone else. there is certainly evidence in our
timeline database from last year of people recieving visas last year from CHC in late
November etc.

Drew

"Pammy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > > We made a mistake of not paying the ROLF along with the application(we were
    > > > > unfortunetly under the impression that u pay the landing fee when u enter
    > > > > canada) so they had to send a letter asking us to pay the ROLF, that delayed
    > > > > the whole thing and now I have been informed that they have reached the quota
    > > > > for the year and my PR will be issued in jan
    > > >
    > > > Thanking you all in advance. Don
    > > >
    > > >
    > Each post has a target, call it a quota as it realy is one. When a post reaches
    > their quota early in the year they stop issuing visas. Therefore if you are one of
    > those who is caught by this you may have to wait for the new year. This happens
    > every year about this time.
    > Jim Metcalfe , Consultant and former visa officer
    > OK, now I'm really worried!
    > Don, did you apply through London?, we also did not send our ROLF till
    > requested(June this year)and have heard nothing since our medicals late May, they
    > started processing our application late Feb, now you have me really worried, if
    > that is possible!-What are your timelines? and did you have jobs to go to? Thanks
    > for any input Pammy
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com