Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Quick question about passport request from London VO

Quick question about passport request from London VO

Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice
Default Quick question about passport request from London VO

No.. not for me unfortunately.

My sister has been in Toronto on the back of 2 successful LMO's since 2008/9, and applied for FSW on the new NOC list - services to business (or somthing like that). She applied in April this year, and has had her passport request yesterday - fast, i know - especially looking at some of our timelines!

Problem as we see it now is that she has 45 days to send her passport to London, but she has flights booked for London for Christmas on 17th Dec and returning 30th Dec.

We were mulling over this on the phone last night:

1) She could come a week early and then hand in her passport, and it will take 2 weeks (? - Is the London VO closed for Christmas) to come back with PPR
2) She comes for Christmas, and then goes back earlier, and sends the passport to London VO on her return to Toronto.

She is a British Citizen, and i'm not sure if sending her passports now, and travelling on emergency travel documents would be allowed? As the LMO is in her passport, would that hinder her reentry? Or - if she explained the situation to London VO to try to expedite the passport and PPR return?

Sorry for the 'kuffufle' above... i'm brain dumping and would appreciate anyones advice who has been in a similar situation.

Thanks all.

MS.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 6:12 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question about passport request from London VO

Alternatively she could send them to you with a letter authorizing you to hand in and then pick up the visaed passports. You could take them in person and pick them up in 2 weeks and then courier them off to her in Canada.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Alternatively she could send them to you with a letter authorizing you to hand in and then pick up the visaed passports. You could take them in person and pick them up in 2 weeks and then courier them off to her in Canada.
Thanks Jim. I had no idea you could send with a letter of authority. I think you have solved our dilemma! Thanks again.

Last edited by MapleSauce; Nov 24th 2011 at 10:03 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

She could also contact them and tell that she has flights booked (expect she will have to provide proof) and ask for an extension - I know others who have done this successfully

good luck