Quick PR Card

Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick PR Card

My sister applied for her PR card. She sent her application by Express Mail to Nova Scotia on March 15. Yesterday - March24, she got a phone call saying that her card had been processed. Apparently from what I gather - it was quick partly because she sent proof of travel.

Just thought I would let people know that sometimes it doesn't take very long.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:32 pm
Haximus

Default Re: Quick PR Card

"lizwil98" <member10117@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My sister applied for her PR card. She sent her application by
    > Express Mail to Nova Scotia on March 15. Yesterday - March24, she got
    > a phone call saying that her card had been processed. Apparently from
    > what I gather - it was quick partly because she sent proof of travel.
    > Just thought I would let people know that sometimes it doesn't take
    > very long.

That's pretty quick. It does say on the CIC website they will expedite
cards if the applicant supplies proof of travel. Get it must be true. My
wife just applied for hers, we are awaiting it to go travel but we don't
want to buy tickets until we get it... I wonder if a $10 bus ticket across
the US border would suffice, hehehe...

Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:11 am
mickj

Originally posted by lizwil98
My sister applied for her PR card. She sent her application by Express Mail to Nova Scotia on March 15. Yesterday - March24, she got a phone call saying that her card had been processed. Apparently from what I gather - it was quick partly because she sent proof of travel.

Hello Liz,

Tell her not to leave it another 30yrs before she applies for citizenship. Once she is over 60, she doesn't have to do the test anyway, and she can keep her brit passport !

Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:11 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lizwil98

Thats great news, must be a weight off her mind.

Thanks for letting us know.

Iain
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Sure Mick, I have told her and told her. I said that once you have been in Canada for over 30 years - you are a Canadian whether you are a citizen or not - and also that I am no less English because I am a Canadian too.

I don't think she is hearing me though. Don't understand why!