Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions regards applying for BOWP online

Questions regards applying for BOWP online

Old Sep 24th 2014, 3:56 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions regards applying for BOWP online

Siouxie CIC never ceases to amaze me, I sent the case specific enquiry as you suggested and as per the email I have copied below they have refused to link it up with my application.

Please do not reply to this email.

Reference: [099-744]
Date: 2014-09-24

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to modify the information you provided in the online application after it has been submitted.

If at any point during the processing of your application the responsible office requires further documentation, they may send you an email to the address you provided in your MyCIC enrolment. That email will advise you to verify the Check status and messages section of your MyCIC account for specific details.

Please note however that the responsible office may do this at their discretion, as the application will be reviewed based on the information available.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre to find answers to your questions

Jennifer
Agent #3364
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the CIC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 4:55 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Siouxie CIC never ceases to amaze me, I sent the case specific enquiry as you suggested and as per the email I have copied below they have refused to link it up with my application.

Please do not reply to this email.

Reference: [099-744]
Date: 2014-09-24

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to modify the information you provided in the online application after it has been submitted.

If at any point during the processing of your application the responsible office requires further documentation, they may send you an email to the address you provided in your MyCIC enrolment. That email will advise you to verify the Check status and messages section of your MyCIC account for specific details.

Please note however that the responsible office may do this at their discretion, as the application will be reviewed based on the information available.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre to find answers to your questions

Jennifer
Agent #3364
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the CIC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women.
Did you supply a UCI on the application? If so, then panic not. They will use this to check you are eligible for BOWP.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 5:23 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Did you supply a UCI on the application? If so, then panic not. They will use this to check you are eligible for BOWP.
Thanks Amy I used my UCI and the PR application number only concern I now have is I still can't access ECAS. But I'm assuming CIC have an internal system and ecas is just for the applicant?
Old Sep 24th 2014, 5:27 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Have you selected "England" for your country of birth on ECAS instead of United Kingdom? Doesn't matter if you were born elsewhere in the UK, select England, that seems to work.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Have you selected "England" for your country of birth on ECAS instead of United Kingdom? Doesn't matter if you were born elsewhere in the UK, select England, that seems to work.
I'd read in Raleigh threads about the England thing and that's what I use and I get zip, nada, nothing
Old Sep 24th 2014, 6:25 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I'd read in Raleigh threads about the England thing and that's what I use and I get zip, nada, nothing
If you only just got PER then you will not be able to see anything on ECAS yet and yes CIC have their own internal system. Did you apply online?
Old Sep 24th 2014, 7:54 am

If you only just got PER then you will not be able to see anything on ECAS yet and yes CIC have their own internal system. Did you apply online?
PER was a week ago now and yes I applied online for the BOWP. How long on average does it take ECAS to be updated?
Old Sep 24th 2014, 8:00 am

PER was a week ago now and yes I applied online for the BOWP. How long on average does it take ECAS to be updated?
ECAS is generally updated once the processing office receives your application and adds you to their to-do list. So I would check again in a month and you should see it then.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 8:13 am

ECAS is generally updated once the processing office receives your application and adds you to their to-do list. So I would check again in a month and you should see it then.
Thanks Amy , so round about Middle of October ish then
Old Sep 24th 2014, 8:19 am

Thanks Amy , so round about Middle of October ish then
Yep
Old Sep 24th 2014, 8:27 am

Thanks for your help Amy
Old Sep 24th 2014, 8:29 am

Thanks for your help Amy
NP - thanks for your help last Week!
Old Sep 24th 2014, 10:39 am

NP - thanks for your help last Week!
Not sure that I was much help, but I do try to help if I can
Old Sep 25th 2014, 2:39 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

looking in Coquitlam yet? Ranch Park is nice
Old Sep 25th 2014, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
looking in Coquitlam yet? Ranch Park is nice
Waiting for work permit/PR stuff to sort out first

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.