Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question - Would like to know more about PNP please

Question - Would like to know more about PNP please

Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute
Question Question - Would like to know more about PNP please

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know more about PNP - Provincial Nomination Programme.

I do know that it is used to bring in skilled workers into the Province, faster than the normal process.

Please could anyone give me more information about it ie. how do you go about getting it, how much faster etc. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Arris
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - Would like to know more about PNP please

Originally Posted by Arris
Hi Everyone,

I do know that it is used to bring in skilled workers into the Province, faster than the normal process.

Please could anyone give me more information about it ie. how do you go about getting it, how much faster etc. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Arris
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/provnom/index.html and
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/quebec/index.html

Last edited by JAJ; Nov 10th 2006 at 9:27 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

beeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nice

[QUOTE=Arris][COLOR=DarkRed]Hi Everyone,

we are going to edmonton in alberta on PNP as its the quickest way to get in, if you qualify. my hubby is a truck driver so we found a company that was approved to employ immigrants and had a telephone interview. they then put his details to the govt who made a couple of alterations to his contract and approved him within 5 weeks. we then filled out the work permit paperwork and returned that and were approved and visa landed on doorstep in abt 3 weeks. we can now go whenever we are ready to start our new life BUT we are also filling out and submitting our PR paperwork before we leave as well.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=beeginger]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Hi Everyone,

we are going to edmonton in alberta on PNP as its the quickest way to get in, if you qualify. my hubby is a truck driver so we found a company that was approved to employ immigrants and had a telephone interview. they then put his details to the govt who made a couple of alterations to his contract and approved him within 5 weeks. we then filled out the work permit paperwork and returned that and were approved and visa landed on doorstep in abt 3 weeks. we can now go whenever we are ready to start our new life BUT we are also filling out and submitting our PR paperwork before we leave as well.
I thought PNP was permanent residence? Is this not the case??? Or do you mean you are just going over on a work permit?
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

beeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nice

[QUOTE=Sarahad]
Originally Posted by beeginger

I thought PNP was permanent residence? Is this not the case??? Or do you mean you are just going over on a work permit?

pnp is where you are pre approved by the state that you are going to , in our case alberta and therefore they give you a work permit so that you can take the job that you are pre approved for. when you read these site you realise alot of people get a work permit but NO job and it can take months and is hard, so instead stay in england still earning until a firm in canada that is already approved to take on immigrants wants you. i believe that then because you have done it this way you are much less lkely to be refused pr and it is quicker as well.any one out there please feel free to contradict me.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=beeginger]
Originally Posted by Sarahad

pnp is where you are pre approved by the state that you are going to , in our case alberta and therefore they give you a work permit so that you can take the job that you are pre approved for. when you read these site you realise alot of people get a work permit but NO job and it can take months and is hard, so instead stay in england still earning until a firm in canada that is already approved to take on immigrants wants you. i believe that then because you have done it this way you are much less lkely to be refused pr and it is quicker as well.any one out there please feel free to contradict me.
Thanks for that. We are going over on a work permit on 2nd Dec but the company have advised once we are over there they will apply for PNP.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about

Hi Everyone,

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Arris

Hi

We're going over to Alberta on PNP and we'll have PR status when we land. My husband has a job with Edmonton Police, which he got in July this year. We had previously put our SW Application into CHC London and have an AOR May 05. We we're told that it was 42 months from there.

With the job came the PNP paperwork, which was turned around in two and a half weeks from Edmonton. Then this was taken up to London, where it was put with our original application, this was the end of August. We received our med requests end of Oct and took them 1st Nov.

We're hoping to get PPR asap as Paul job starts Feb 07 and this was highlighted in the offer letter and nomination certificates etc.

As you can see, if all information is in place, it can happen quickly. We put our application in as we loved Canada and made a decision to go.
We we're aware of the waiting times, as we'd researched this a lot,but knew that Canada was in need of UK Police officers so we wouldn't wait the 42 months or more.

If you can get over on PNP I would recommend it

Elli