Question for professionals

Old Jul 12th 2002, 5:20 pm

Default Question for professionals

Hi,

I'm canadian resident and I'm looking forward to meet here, in Canada, my syster who
already has her CSQ(she has accepted under provincial criteria). Right now she
follows the regular ways after obtaining CSQ, it means federal medicals checks and
security checks. Even if she and her familly are in very good health(proven by all
the professionals), they have a lot of problems at canadian medical exams having to
do many times the same exams (like 3 times x-rays in 3 weeks, but many other
complementary exams, completely unsual) and my assuming is because the country is a
very corrupted one, the doctors dessigned to do that(which are not canadiens) are
waiting for some favours that they didn't receive. I can prove the lack of seriosity
of these ones. The medicals result was not even sent to the canadian consulate since
more that one month when these started, because the local doctors are asking for more
and more injustified analysis (and all of them were perfect until now). Now my
question is: should I hire a lawer to try to see exactly what's happening there, can
he interfere on the medical xamination process or I have no choice to do something,
only wait and pray that my sister will have finally the results send and everything
will be ok? The price already payd is high because doing so many times x-rays in so
short period it's very dangerous for the body health. Any advice or comment is very
welcomed. Thanks!

Old Jul 12th 2002, 8:20 pm
Greg Del Pilar

Default Re: Question for professionals

Hi!

If you really think that the doctor (who had been preselected by the Canadian
consulate in your sister's home country) is "corrupt", then you/she must notify
Canadian consulate IMMEDIATELY (in my opinion). If you explain (or complain?) to them
and show credible proofs of irregularities, then they might consider letting you go
to another doctor and not ask her to pay new fees for exams she has already paid for.
Of course, that's assuming that the Canadian consulate staff are not themselves
corrupt (and most probably they are NOT corrupt). Alternatively, I thought you can
just go to a different "pre-approved" doctor and have the tests done by him; if he
turns out to be "corrupt", too, then something is very wrong over there and your
sister will need more personal assistance from the Canadian consulate. Allegations of
"corruption", however, are often hard to prove.

This is just my opinion. I hope this helped. Good luck!

Greg

"***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm canadian resident and I'm looking forward to meet here, in Canada, my syster
    > who already has her CSQ(she has accepted under provincial
criteria).
    > Right now she follows the regular ways after obtaining CSQ, it means
federal
    > medicals checks and security checks. Even if she and her familly are in very good
    > health(proven by all the professionals), they have a lot of problems at canadian
    > medical exams
having
    > to do many times the same exams (like 3 times x-rays in 3 weeks, but many other
    > complementary exams, completely unsual) and my assuming is because
the
    > country is a very corrupted one, the doctors dessigned to do that(which
are
    > not canadiens) are waiting for some favours that they didn't receive. I
can
    > prove the lack of seriosity of these ones. The medicals result was not
even
    > sent to the canadian consulate since more that one month when these
started,
    > because the local doctors are asking for more and more injustified
analysis
    > (and all of them were perfect until now). Now my question is: should I hire a lawer
    > to try to see exactly what's happening there, can he interfere on the medical
    > xamination process or I have no choice to do something, only wait and pray that my
    > sister will
have
    > finally the results send and everything will be ok? The price already payd is high
    > because doing so many times x-rays in so short period it's very dangerous for the
    > body health. Any advice or comment is very welcomed. Thanks!

Old Jul 12th 2002, 10:20 pm

Default Re: Question for professionals

Ok, Greg thanks for the answer. Your point is correct but I guess you never lived in
a country like this so you cannot figure out some things, you can check the
newspapers archives to see many cases of corruption at canadians consulates abroad,
it was involved native people from these countries working for consulates and not
canadians working there, that's true. I cannot say it's the same case there, I
haven't such information, so I suposse they are very correct there. The main problem
is that there aren't any others authorized doctors to do the medical evaluations
because that's a small country and they need a visa to go out and made it in another
place (not even know if is allowed). And yes, I can prove they aren't correct (they
even lost some x-rays and ask to to anothers ones). I'm afraid to notify the Canadian
Consulate because maybe it will be the end of my sister file, I mean she will receive
a refuse because that. So, even if I'm willing to pay a lawer to do the things work
straight there it seems that nobody can help me. Thanks a lot anyway and the only
thing I can do it's to hope.

"Greg Del Pilar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi!
    >
    > If you really think that the doctor (who had been preselected by the Canadian
    > consulate in your sister's home country) is "corrupt", then
you/she
    > must notify Canadian consulate IMMEDIATELY (in my opinion). If you explain (or
    > complain?) to them and show credible proofs of irregularities, then
they
    > might consider letting you go to another doctor and not ask her to pay new fees for
    > exams she has already paid for. Of course, that's assuming that
the
    > Canadian consulate staff are not themselves corrupt (and most probably
they
    > are NOT corrupt). Alternatively, I thought you can just go to a different
    > "pre-approved" doctor and have the tests done by him; if he turns out to
be
    > "corrupt", too, then something is very wrong over there and your sister
will
    > need more personal assistance from the Canadian consulate. Allegations of
    > "corruption", however, are often hard to prove.
    >
    > This is just my opinion. I hope this helped. Good luck!
    >
    > Greg
    >
    > "***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm canadian resident and I'm looking forward to meet here, in Canada,
my
    > > syster who already has her CSQ(she has accepted under provincial
    > criteria).
    > > Right now she follows the regular ways after obtaining CSQ, it means
    > federal
    > > medicals checks and security checks. Even if she and her familly are in very good
    > > health(proven by all the professionals), they have a lot of problems at canadian
    > > medical exams
    > having
    > > to do many times the same exams (like 3 times x-rays in 3 weeks, but
many
    > > other complementary exams, completely unsual) and my assuming is because
    > the
    > > country is a very corrupted one, the doctors dessigned to do that(which
    > are
    > > not canadiens) are waiting for some favours that they didn't receive. I
    > can
    > > prove the lack of seriosity of these ones. The medicals result was not
    > even
    > > sent to the canadian consulate since more that one month when these
    > started,
    > > because the local doctors are asking for more and more injustified
    > analysis
    > > (and all of them were perfect until now). Now my question is: should I hire a
    > > lawer to try to see exactly what's happening there, can he interfere on the
    > > medical xamination process or I have no choice to do something, only wait and
    > > pray that my sister will
    > have
    > > finally the results send and everything will be ok? The price already payd is
    > > high because doing so many times x-rays in so short period it's very dangerous
    > > for the body health. Any advice or comment is very welcomed. Thanks!
    > >
    > >
    >