Question Medicals/ DMP in USA

Old Feb 20th 2005, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

samdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question Medicals/ DMP in USA

Hello everybody.
I need to take my medicals and in the state I live in (Indiana) there is no DMP. I was wondering if any of you had good or bad experience with DMP either in Chicago, IL or Cincinnati, OH. I am right in between the two cities.
Thanks a lot.
Sam
Old Feb 20th 2005, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question Medicals/ DMP in USA

Sam,

You must reside in Indianapolis if you live right between Chicago and Cincinatti (I lived in Indianapolis for 8 months in 99 but now reside in Chicago).

We are going to have our exams taken in a few days by Dr. Veramendi in Chicago. I was able to schedule our appointments with ease (the first available appointment was 12 days after I called). A side note: this physician also does the medicals for Australian immigration.

For Chicago residents, I should note that the office is within a block of the Howard Station on the CTA red, purple, and yellow line trains, so it's convenient to reach via public transit.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ChicagoJer
Sam,

You must reside in Indianapolis if you live right between Chicago and Cincinatti (I lived in Indianapolis for 8 months in 99 but now reside in Chicago).

We are going to have our exams taken in a few days by Dr. Veramendi in Chicago. I was able to schedule our appointments with ease (the first available appointment was 12 days after I called). A side note: this physician also does the medicals for Australian immigration.

For Chicago residents, I should note that the office is within a block of the Howard Station on the CTA red, purple, and yellow line trains, so it's convenient to reach via public transit.
Hi ChicagoJer,
Indeed, I am just north of Indy, but I do come to Chicago on a regular basis, was there a few days ago for the Apple store on Michigan Ave . My former partner used to live on N. River Rd so I did many R/T Indy/Chicago. Anyway... LOL

Keep me informed, if you do not mind, about how it went with Dr. Veramendi. I still have a few days to decide with whom to go.

Sam.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

bump
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

I took the medicals this week, everything went smoothly. X-Rays are done off-site at an affiliated office.

Good luck,

ChicagoJer
Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:38 am
Just Joined

Menino is an unknown quantity at this point

How much are they charging for medicals down in Chicago? In Minnesota they're asking $428.00 per person.

I read that in Canada it only costs about $150 CAD. Anyone know if this is accurate? Heck, I'd go to Toronto to save the money (I work for an airline).

Do my common-law partner and I have to go to same doctor? For example, Can I go to one in Canada if I wanted to and he go to one in Minnesota? Or is it easier and less confusing to go to same doctor?

Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Dr. Veramendi in Chicago charges $160 per person (cash or cheque) for medicals and the affiliated x-ray clinic charges $70 per person (cash only) for a total of US$230 per person.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Dr. Veramendi in Chicago charges $160 per person (cash or cheque) for medicals and the affiliated x-ray clinic charges $70 per person (cash only) for a total of US$230 per person.
Thanks ChicagoJer! Wow! That's about 1/2 of what they want to charge in Minnesota. I think we'll be flying to Chicago when and if we ever get the request to do the medicals. Good luck with your case!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks - good luck with your application as well! Hopefully you'll receive your interview waiver soon.

My common-law partner also works for an airline, so I figure we'll 'non-rev' when it comes time to go to Buffalo with our passports.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 2:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks - good luck with your application as well! Hopefully you'll receive your interview waiver soon.

My common-law partner also works for an airline, so I figure we'll 'non-rev' when it comes time to go to Buffalo with our passports.
Would that airline be UAL? I mean, being in Chicago and all...
Old Feb 28th 2005, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

In cinninnati, they wanted $335 !!!! I just called Dr. Veramendi today and have an appointment for the end of the week and it is $100 cheaper than in OH.

My former SO used to work at ORD but he is now at DCA, and I used to fly for free on UAL, not anymore I switched to AA

Sam.