Question For Andrew, Jim or PMM

Old Feb 18th 2005, 4:33 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Question For Andrew, Jim or PMM

I'm sure one of you guys had a client who lived in the UAE in the past, and then applied as a skilled worker from the US. Did they have to submit a police certificate from the UAE?

The reason I'm asking is that I lived in the UAE until I was 18 years old and six months and 8 days. I didn't submit a police certificate from the UAE when I sent my application. I received the Initial Assessment with interview waiver back in July 04. I wasn't asked to submit a police certificate from the UAE at that point. I see many people with similar timeline as mine get their passport request, and I'm trying to rationalize why my application is taking longer. I understand that there is many possible reasons, but could it be because of not including the police certificate from the UAE?

Last edited by MJ23; Feb 18th 2005 at 4:42 am.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 9:42 pm
The ECA Godfather

Default Re: Question For Andrew, Jim or PMM

Originally Posted by MJ23
I'm sure one of you guys had a client who lived in the UAE in the past, and then applied as a skilled worker from the US. Did they have to submit a police certificate from the UAE?

The reason I'm asking is that I lived in the UAE until I was 18 years old and six months and 8 days. I didn't submit a police certificate from the UAE when I sent my application. I received the Initial Assessment with interview waiver back in July 04. I wasn't asked to submit a police certificate from the UAE at that point. I see many people with similar timeline as mine get their passport request, and I'm trying to rationalize why my application is taking longer. I understand that there is many possible reasons, but could it be because of not including the police certificate from the UAE?

I figured I need to bring this post back to life. Andrew, Jim or PMM please?
Old Mar 8th 2005, 12:20 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't try to compare timelines and you'll live longer and healthier life.

Originally Posted by MJ23

Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:14 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Don't try to compare timelines and you'll live longer and healthier life.
I didn't know that Thanks

Jim and PMM, have you had any clients who applied from the US, but had lived in the UAE in the past? I tried to obtain a police certificate from the UAE, but I found it almost impossible to obtain in while I'm in the US. I was wondering if you guys had an experience with that. Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Cant you demand via some of your friends or your family members in UAE. It works that way in my country and is perfectly legal.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:22 pm
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by bhalerao
Cant you demand via some of your friends or your family members in UAE. It works that way in my country and is perfectly legal.
I always try to be on the safe side, so I did try to obtain a police certificate but couldn't. The problem is that the UAE authorities demanded that I obtain fingerprints which I have to attest from Washington State, the US department of State and then the UAE embassy in the US. So I got the fingerprints and I tried to get them certified by Washington State and I was told they don't certify fingerprints and never had to do it before. They actually looked at me as if I was crazy

That's why I was asking if anyone had an experience obtaining a police certificate from the UAE.