Question / Advise

Old Sep 18th 2001, 2:50 pm
Syed Faisal Shakeel

I just lost my job today, due to down sizing and I was working here on H1-B visa, So
what do I need to do to stay here in USA legally, if in case I am failed to find
another employer. I have already applied for Canadian Immigration but that will takes
approximately 6 more months.

--

Syed Faisal Shakeel
(559) 432-6992 [email protected]

Old Sep 18th 2001, 9:48 pm
Obbop

>
H1-B
    >
failed
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Oooooooooooooo this might be fun!!!!!!! You picked the wrong group muchacho or
whatever word covers thou in an alterrnate tongue.

Just one hombre's opinion.... go home. Bye.

Old Sep 18th 2001, 11:15 pm
Xeno Chauvin

"Syed Faisal Shakeel" With a name like that these days won't the Canadians let you in
right away? Tell them you are part of a persecuted minority in the U.S. I'm sure
they'll understand. Of course if you stay here I'm certain that our very generous
government will give you SPECIAL minority citizenship. We'll have to make up for all
the "nasty" things we said to persons like you. TIC Xeno

Old Sep 19th 2001, 12:10 am
Obbop

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Perhaps with a last name like Shakee he may be fun to have around at partys,
etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 19th 2001, 5:15 am
Rasmus Hald

Hmm seems a bit odd to me, that people from a coutnry who prides itself on being
built by immigrants, and embrasing everyone not caring about their original culture
or religion, will attack a person for asking a legitimate question on the rules for
his immigration. If the man was trying to start a debate, fair enough, but as I read
it he just had one simple question. If you have a problem with his question, either
shut up, or start a new thread debating the issue, don't just attack him without even
knowing the circumstances. The fact that the name sounds Arabic doesn't mean that
he's a terrorist, I believe your own president said that a couple of days ago. He
didn't ask you how he could stay in the country and bludge off your system, or how he
could stay there so that he could crash a plane into the white house. I feel for the
people who died last week, and it was most definately a terrible deed, but it does
not justify going after anyone who has the same origin as the terrorists. That would
be the same as claiming that because Timothy McWeigh was a bomber, all Americans are,
and should be considered a constant security risk.... What you 2 are doing (Obbop and
Xeno Chauvin) is relaying an immense lack of understanding for the world that lies
beyond the tip of your noses.

-Rasmus

>

[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > "Syed Faisal Shakeel" With a name like that these days won't the Canadians let[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you in right away? Tell them you are part of a persecuted minority in the U.S.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I'm sure they'll understand. Of course if you stay here I'm certain that our very[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > generous government will give you SPECIAL minority citizenship. We'll have to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > make up for all the "nasty" things we said to persons like you. TIC Xeno[/usenetquote2]
    >
partys,
    >

Old Sep 19th 2001, 7:04 am
D. Long

>
    >

Actually, only the ignorant, the simple, and the manipulative self-servers in
politics claim that this country was "built by immigrants." It was built by
people born here, by Americans.

>
    >

Immigration at this moment -- given what a pack of foreigners has recently
bestowed upon us -- is a bit of a touchy subject.

>
    >

And the simple answer to his question is *pound sand*.

>
thread
    >

Should we click our heals before we scurry away to obey your command?

>

Let's see ... we're beginning a war with Muslims, most of them Arab. When we
began World War II, we weren't exactly welcoming Germans and Japanese and
Italians as immigrants. A cold shoulder toward immigrating Arabs somehow seems to
make sense at this point, don't you think?

>

He was referring to Arabs already in this country. Evidently some of the locals
are shooting up some mosques.

>
system,
    >

Is that what the hijackers said before they arrived? I had no idea.

>
    >
same
    >

So opposing his migrating to this country is to go after him?

>
    >
a
    >

So McVeigh had terrorist cells all over the world? I had no idea.

>
    >
the
    >

How presumptuous and arrogant.

Old Sep 19th 2001, 7:58 am
Syed Faisal Shakeel

Thanks to everyone, I have read your all the messages. Unfortunately, I am not Arab,
I am from Indian Back ground.

--

Syed Faisal Shakeel
(559) 432-6992 [email protected] [email protected]

>

[usenetquote2]> > Hmm seems a bit odd to me, that people from a coutnry who prides itself[/usenetquote2]
on
[usenetquote2]> > being built by immigrants,[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > and embrasing everyone not caring about their original culture or religion, will[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > attack a person for asking a[/usenetquote2]
legitimate
[usenetquote2]> > question on the rules for his immigration.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > If the man was trying to start a debate, fair enough, but as I read it he just[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > had one simple question.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > If you have a problem with his question, either shut up, or start a new[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > debating the issue, don't just attack him without even knowing the circumstances.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > The fact that the name sounds Arabic doesn't mean that he's a terrorist,[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I believe your own president said that a couple of days ago.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > He didn't ask you how he could stay in the country and bludge off your[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > or how he could stay there so that he could crash a plane into the white house.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I feel for the people who died last week, and it was most definately a terrible[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > deed, but it does not justify going after anyone who has the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > origin as the terrorists.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > That would be the same as claiming that because Timothy McWeigh was a bomber, all[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Americans are, and should be[/usenetquote2]
considered
    >
[usenetquote2]> > constant security risk....[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > What you 2 are doing (Obbop and Xeno Chauvin) is relaying an immense lack of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > understanding for the world that lies beyond[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > tip of your noses.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 19th 2001, 12:40 pm
Rasmus Hald

[usenetquote2]> > Hmm seems a bit odd to me, that people from a coutnry who prides itself[/usenetquote2]
on
[usenetquote2]> > being built by immigrants,[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

--SnipSnip

OOOH so the INDIANS built it ? And the immigrants that got there in the first place
basically just sat down and did nothing, waiting for their kids to do it???

>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > original culture or religion, will attack a person for asking a[/usenetquote2]
legitimate
[usenetquote2]> > question on the rules for his immigration.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

I can see that, and certainly understand that, I just don't think it's right to
assume that because one minor group is bad they all are.

[usenetquote2]> > If you have a problem with his question, either shut up, or start a new[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > debating the issue, don't just attack him without even knowing the circumstances.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Yes please!!! ;O)

[usenetquote2]> > The fact that the name sounds Arabic doesn't mean that he's a terrorist,[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Let's see..... you're beginning a war with Afghanistan, well I gues swe all are
actually. Germans are from Germany, Japanese are from Japan, Italians are from
Italy, Arabs are from the middle east (just another Geography lesson) My point is,
if the reaction during WW2 had been the same, you'd have had to have a problem with
ALL European immigrants, as there is no such country as just Arabia.

>
[usenetquote2]> > I believe your own president said that a couple of days ago.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

This guy apparently was alraedy in the country (and an Indian apparently so erhmm..
the foundation of this discussion has apaprently changed a bit ;O)

>
[usenetquote2]> > He didn't ask you how he could stay in the country and bludge off your[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > or how he could stay there so that he could crash a plane into the white house.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Don't you think, in the end it would be more up to immigration to decide whether
they believe him to be a hijacker or not, for all you know, this guy could basically
either be Indian (which he was) or an immensly Christian Arab or something else, the
point I was trying to make was that there was a whole lot of jumping to conclusions
without knowing ANYTHING more than a name.

>
[usenetquote2]> > I feel for the people who died last week, and it was most definately a terrible[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > deed, but it does not justify going after anyone who has the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > origin as the terrorists.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

No, to react the way Obbop and Xeno Chauvin did is to go after him.

>
[usenetquote2]> > That would be the same as claiming that because Timothy McWeigh was a bomber, all[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Americans are, and should be[/usenetquote2]
considered
    >
[usenetquote2]> > constant security risk....[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

So you are only a terrorist if you have cells all over the world ?

>
[usenetquote2]> > What you 2 are doing (Obbop and Xeno Chauvin) is relaying an immense lack of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > understanding for the world that lies beyond[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > tip of your noses.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Ya that's what I think..... (of their responses that is)

>

Old Sep 19th 2001, 4:22 pm
Obbop

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I don't care!!!! I just want the supply/demand equation regarding labor/business
brought back into a semblance of equity for the laboring classes. The importation of
workers whether legal or illegal has assisted in the overall worsening economic
condition of too many Americans. Nuthin' personal Shakee, I think you have a groovy
name!!!! It's just that our borders need to be sealed until millions of Americans can
again rise above the subsistance level.

Old Sep 19th 2001, 4:25 pm
Obbop

[usenetquote2]> > > Hmm seems a bit odd to me, that people from a coutnry who prides[/usenetquote2]
itself
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > being built by immigrants,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Actually, only the ignorant, the simple, and the manipulative self-servers in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > politics claim that this country was "built by immigrants." It was built by[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > people born here, by Americans.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
kids
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > and embrasing everyone not caring about their[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > original culture or religion, will attack a person for asking a[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > question on the rules for his immigration.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Immigration at this moment -- given what a pack of foreigners has recently[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > bestowed upon us -- is a bit of a touchy subject.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > If you have a problem with his question, either shut up, or start a new[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > thread[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > debating the issue, don't just attack him without even knowing the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > circumstances.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Should we click our heals before we scurry away to obey your command?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > The fact that the name sounds Arabic doesn't mean that he's a terrorist,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Let's see ... we're beginning a war with Muslims, most of them Arab. When we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > began World War II, we weren't exactly welcoming Germans and Japanese and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Italians as immigrants. A cold shoulder toward immigrating Arabs somehow[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > seems to make sense at this point, don't you think?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
same,
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > I believe your own president said that a couple of days ago.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > He was referring to Arabs already in this country. Evidently some of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > locals are shooting up some mosques.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > He didn't ask you how he could stay in the country and bludge off your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > system,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > or how he could stay there so that he could crash a plane into the[/usenetquote2]
white
[usenetquote2]> > > house.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Is that what the hijackers said before they arrived? I had no idea.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
guy
    >
    >
a
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > I feel for the people who died last week, and it was most definately a terrible[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > deed, but it does not justify going after anyone who has[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > same[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > origin as the terrorists.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > So opposing his migrating to this country is to go after him?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Should I start sending warm fuzzies and hugs so the politically correct crowd will
like me? It's really important to me that the PCers adore me!!!!!!!

Old Sep 20th 2001, 1:00 pm
D. Long

>
    >

With a name like Syed Faisal? Anyhow, we've got a lot of you guys from India here
too -- probably enough already. But thanks for your interest.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > > Hmm seems a bit odd to me, that people from a coutnry who prides[/usenetquote2]
itself
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Actually, only the ignorant, the simple, and the manipulative self-servers in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > politics claim that this country was "built by immigrants." It was built by[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > and embrasing everyone not caring about their original culture or religion,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > will attack a person for asking a[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Immigration at this moment -- given what a pack of foreigners has recently[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > bestowed upon us -- is a bit of a touchy subject.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > If the man was trying to start a debate, fair enough, but as I read it he just[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > had one simple question.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > And the simple answer to his question is *pound sand*.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > If you have a problem with his question, either shut up, or start a new[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > debating the issue, don't just attack him without even knowing the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Should we click our heals before we scurry away to obey your command?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > The fact that the name sounds Arabic doesn't mean that he's a terrorist,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Let's see ... we're beginning a war with Muslims, most of them Arab. When we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > began World War II, we weren't exactly welcoming Germans and Japanese and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Italians as immigrants. A cold shoulder toward immigrating Arabs somehow[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > seems to make sense at this point, don't you think?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I believe your own president said that a couple of days ago.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > He was referring to Arabs already in this country. Evidently some of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > He didn't ask you how he could stay in the country and bludge off your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > or how he could stay there so that he could crash a plane into the[/usenetquote2]
white
[usenetquote2]> > Is that what the hijackers said before they arrived? I had no idea.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I feel for the people who died last week, and it was most definately a terrible[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > deed, but it does not justify going after anyone who has[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > So opposing his migrating to this country is to go after him?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > That would be the same as claiming that because Timothy McWeigh was a bomber,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > all Americans are, and should be[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > constant security risk....[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > So McVeigh had terrorist cells all over the world? I had no idea.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > What you 2 are doing (Obbop and Xeno Chauvin) is relaying an immense lack of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > understanding for the world that lies[/usenetquote2]
beyond
[usenetquote2]> > the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > tip of your noses.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > How presumptuous and arrogant.[/usenetquote2]

Old Sep 20th 2001, 1:40 pm
D. Long

itself
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Of course not. Where would you get that idea?

>
    >
kids
    >

Actually, that's true. And if by *this country* you mean the USA, immigrants
participation in its building is negligible, as they have always amounted to a
small percentage of the population -- never greater than the 14% around 1907.
Usually immigrants amounted to about five percent or less among the population.
This country wasn't built by immigrants; it was built by Americans.

[usenetquote2]> > and embrasing everyone not caring about their[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > original culture or religion, will attack a person for asking a[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

Who claimed they were all bad? What can be said is that few of them practice a
culture that is compatible with American culture or are here to assimilate and
become Americans. Some might call that bad. I call it ridiculous that they've
been allowed to immigrate to this country.

>
    >

Sorry, Generalissimo, but this ain't Argentina.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
same,
    >
    >

You need to check your logic handbook on that one. We weren't at war with Europe.
We were at war with certain Europeans and allied with certain others. We, in
fact, are -- or at least were -- pretty much exclusively a European country
ourselves, as we were an extension of Europe. About thirty percent of soldiers in
the US Army on the Western Front during World War II were of German heritage. And
we aren't -- in our culture or traditions -- an extension of Islam.

>
    >
    >

We have way too many sub-Continentals here too.
Their presence isn't exactly a benefit to American workers.

white
    >
    >
    >
guy
    >
    >
a
    >

At this point, all most Americans need to know is that yet another immigrant is
knocking on the door. We've had decades of massive immigration, legal and
illegal. It's been disasterous to the social, political, economic, and
environmental well-being of this country, and most Americans are fed up with it.

the

>

I don't know. People just kind of vent sometimes. I mean, I live in Texas. It's
just damn hot here in the summer. Yet all these Muslim women are walking around
like so many bundles of rumpled laundry. Getting into an elevator in which one of
them happens to be is quite an olfactory sensation. The odor of the body, of the
sweat-dampened wool of their garments, and of the goat they ate for dinner really
can bring tears to the eyes -- believe me. Now that some Muslim fanatics are
turning airliners into missles, people already pretty fed up with massive
immigration aren't exactly rolling out the red carpet to foreigners, especially
those from points East.

>
[usenetquote2]> > > Timothy McWeigh was a bomber, all Americans are, and should be[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > constant security risk....[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > So McVeigh had terrorist cells all over the world? I had no idea.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

McVeigh is dead. So are the camel jockeys in the airliners. But more camel
jockeys are around to take their places. See the difference? McVeigh wasn't part
of an organization that identifies itself along religious and cultural lines.

[usenetquote2]> > > What you 2 are doing (Obbop and Xeno Chauvin) is relaying an immense lack of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > understanding for the world that lies[/usenetquote2]
beyond
[usenetquote2]> > the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > tip of your noses.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > How presumptuous and arrogant.[/usenetquote2]

>

That's just kind of silly of you.

Old Sep 20th 2001, 3:08 pm
Sancho Panza

>
with American culture or are here to assimilate and become Americans.

It might be a good idea to realize after all these years what you or someone else may
construe as "American culture" just might be changing. It wouldn't be realistic to
expect that everyone affected by those changes will like them.

>
rumpled laundry. Getting into an elevator in which one of
    >
of the sweat-dampened wool of their garments, and of the goat they ate for dinner
really can bring tears to the eyes -- believe me.

That sounds remarkably like many Middle East fanatics. They don't like the way many
Americans dress and how and what they eat (and later smell). Maybe some here would
advocate intolerance for intolerance without realizing how silly they sound.

Old Sep 20th 2001, 4:46 pm
Obbop

[usenetquote2]> >What can be said is that few of them practice a culture that is[/usenetquote2]
compatible
    >
    >
    >
someone
    >
wouldn't
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Yet all these Muslim women are walking around like so many bundles of[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > them happens to be is quite an olfactory sensation. The odor of the[/usenetquote2]
body,
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Maybe
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 20th 2001, 5:26 pm
Oliver Costich

in message

[usenetquote2]>>What can be said is that few of them practice a culture that is compatible[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Change is fine as long as it's positive. Turning the US into enclaves of
unassimilated subcultures is not positive.

[usenetquote2]>> Yet all these Muslim women are walking around like so many bundles of[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> them happens to be is quite an olfactory sensation. The odor of the body,[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.