Question about Visa statuses

Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about Visa statuses

Guys, I was wondering. If my spouse has a student visa, and I get a work permit through my company, then it means that she is now eligible to work as well. What happens to the student visa? Does she have to cancel the student visa because she cannot be on two types of visas, or is it ok to have the student visa and have the work permit (sponsored through my Company) as well. Also, if she has to cancel the student visa, what is the process for doing so?

Also, if I am on my Company sponsored work visa, and my spouse is at school how easy would it be for me to cancel that work visa from my Company and work for any other Company on the open work permit, through my spouse's student visa? Would I be required to leave the country, or are there any other implications in switching visa statuses?

As always, thanks alot for the help guys. I am just trying to see what options are available to me before making any final decisions.