Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about RCMP check for the experts

Question about RCMP check for the experts

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about RCMP check for the experts

Hello again

I sent off my fingerprints for an RCMP check in January of this year. I am submitting the application for spousal sponsorship along with the application for Criminal rehabilitation to Mississauga at the end of this month (the crime was a dui committted in the UK over 6 years ago, I was only in Canada as a visitor for two three month periods a couple of years ago) I understand that the RCMP check will probably not be forwarded to them for 150 days/5 months, so it will not get to London CHC until June 2005. Will they still continue to process my applications while they wait for this if I put a note in saying when it was requested, or will they wait until it is received to START processing my applications?

Thanks in advance for you advice. It is very much appreciated.

Jameso
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:23 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question about RCMP check for the experts

Originally Posted by Jameso
Hello again

I sent off my fingerprints for an RCMP check in January of this year. I am submitting the application for spousal sponsorship along with the application for Criminal rehabilitation to Mississauga at the end of this month (the crime was a dui committted in the UK over 6 years ago, I was only in Canada as a visitor for two three month periods a couple of years ago) I understand that the RCMP check will probably not be forwarded to them for 150 days/5 months, so it will not get to London CHC until June 2005. Will they still continue to process my applications while they wait for this if I put a note in saying when it was requested, or will they wait until it is received to START processing my applications?

Jameso
Jamesco, my understanding is YES - your application will continue to be processed without the RCMP check. I was in the same situation. I wanted to send my application package and did not want to delay my entire application while I wait for the RCMP. When my partner and I sent our applicaiton to Mississauga, we put a note on the document check list to explain that I had applied for the RCMP check and would forward it to them once I received it. (I actually asked the RCMP to mail it back to me rather than forward it directly on my behalf - I did not know at the time that they could do this). So 4 months later I received it back and couriered it to Buffalo.

The big question though, is whether not sending it upfront, creates delays later on. I am STILL waiting but my post is Buffalo, I hope London is faster for you.
Good luck,
Ozinca
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about RCMP check for the experts

Originally Posted by Jameso
Hello again

Jameso

Hi Jameso,

of course CIC will process your application even without RCMP police certificate...they just need it in order to finalize the case...
I was so silly to completely ignore RCMP until they asked me in the IA letter! That's the main reason my case got delayed...

cheers!

cry