Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about processing times for Mexico office

Question about processing times for Mexico office

Old Jun 18th 2001, 2:49 am
jcleon

Dear members of the group: This is my first posting. I'm applying for PR from Mexico
using a lawyer in Canada. I have already sent all the notarized documentation and I
hope that in the next week they will send the whole package to the Embassy in Mexico
City. As far as I see from some assessments I have over 70 points in my score. My
question is what are my chances to get an interview waiver and what could be the
processing time with and without interview?. I understand that this is very difficult
to estimate, because it is up to the visa officer, but I want to have an approximate
idea. I have heard that Mexico City is one of the fastest visa offices. Is that
true?. Also another question is about where to get the finger prints in Mexico to
send to the FBI, because I lived a couple of years in the states. Thanks in advance
and I look forward to your kind info. Regards, JCLF

Old Jun 18th 2001, 4:26 pm
David Cohen

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Without an interview, you should expect a total processing time of 6-7 months in
Mexico City. It is impossible, however, to estimate the probability of an interview
waiver without examination of all the details of a case.

For applicants residing within its jurisdiction, this visa office is one of the
quicker worldwide.

You should be able to have the fingerprinting for the FBI clearance done via a local
police station.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Jun 25th 2001, 2:32 am
jcleon

David Cohen <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Dear members of the group: This is my first posting. I'm applying for PR from[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Mexico using a lawyer in Canada. I have already sent all the notarized[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > documentation and I hope that in the next week they will send the whole package[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to the Embassy in Mexico City. As far as I see from some assessments I have over[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 70 points in my score. My question is what are my chances to get an interview[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > waiver and what could be the processing time with and without interview?. I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > understand that this is very difficult to estimate, because it is up to the visa[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > officer, but I want to have an approximate idea. I have heard that Mexico City[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > is one of the fastest visa offices. Is that true?. Also another question is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > about where to get the finger prints in Mexico to send to the FBI, because I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > lived a couple of years in the states. Thanks in advance and I look forward to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > your kind info.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Dear David Cohen: I appreciate a lot your kind help and information. I will keep you
posted about the results. Thanks again and keep up the good work about providing
valuable answers. Yours truly, JCLF