Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about passport request for COPR

Question about passport request for COPR

Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about passport request for COPR

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
COPR forms are sent by regular mail NOT email. If you had no amended pages in your passport then you should be ok.
Thanks. I do have 2 pages with stamps etc from countries I've been on holiday too. Is that going to cause an issue?

One of the pages is from a trip to Canada!
Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KetanP
Thanks. I do have 2 pages with stamps etc from countries I've been on holiday too. Is that going to cause an issue?

One of the pages is from a trip to Canada!

a·mend
əˈmend/Submit
verb
past tense: amended; past participle: amended
make minor changes in (a text) in order to make it fairer, more accurate, or more up-to-date.
"the rule was amended to apply only to nonmembers"
synonyms: revise, alter, change, modify, qualify, adapt, adjust

A passport page with a stamp on it is NOT an amended page for this purpose.
A name change or change to expiry date of the passport would be a page that has been amended.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a self-addressed envelope when I submitted my passport copies and photos - which they asked for in the letter they sent to myCIC account with instructions. Is it the London visa office you submitted yours to? When did you receive your passport request? I'm still waiting to receive the COPR.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by miss_mp
I sent a self-addressed envelope when I submitted my passport copies and photos - which they asked for in the letter they sent to myCIC account with instructions. Is it the London visa office you submitted yours to? When did you receive your passport request? I'm still waiting to receive the COPR.
Yes sent mine to London VO. I received my request on 18th Feb and posted it back to them on 24th Feb. Thanks you reminded me I can keep an eye out for the self addressed envelope.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

On the letter it did say expect to be without your passport for about 4 weeks (for those who're submitting their passport), and I'm sure it had said if you've not heard by 4 weeks you can contact them. I kept a note of the tracking number for the self addressed envelope, so have been keeping an eye on it.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

On the letter it did say expect to be without your passport for about 4 weeks (for those who're submitting their passport), and I'm sure it had said if you've not heard by 4 weeks you can contact them. I kept a note of the tracking number for the self addressed envelope, so have been keeping an eye on it.
Yea it does say that. I didn't put a tracking number on mine. I just provided an envelope with my address. I should have done what you did.

When did you post your photo's and passport photocopy?
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

I used one of those special delivery Royal Mail envelopes which have tracking numbers which they said was an option. I posted mine on the 3rd March, arrived on the 4th. Could it have arrived already to your home maybe? I've been keeping an eye on myCIC status also, but no update yet.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

I used one of those special delivery Royal Mail envelopes which have tracking numbers which they said was an option. I posted mine on the 3rd March, arrived on the 4th. Could it have arrived already to your home maybe? I've been keeping an eye on myCIC status also, but no update yet.
Yea it might have done. My parents said I had some post but didn't know what it was. I'll ask if it looks like my hand writing.

I've been checking myCIC too and it hasn't changed either. Mine actually said 'Decision Made' before I got the request for passport. I only got my request for passport when I emailed to find out what was going on lol
Old Mar 18th 2016, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Mine still has background check and eligibility in progress.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Mine still has background check and eligibility in progress.
Out of interest - when you received your requests for passports did they tell you when you have to activate your PR by? Or are you still awaiting that?
Old Mar 19th 2016, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KetanP
Out of interest - when you received your requests for passports did they tell you when you have to activate your PR by? Or are you still awaiting that?
The COPR has a date when to be used by. Its usually within 12 months after medical results have been received or sooner if passport expires within that 12 months. Check the COPR when it arrives for expiry date.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The COPR has a date when to be used by. Its usually within 12 months after medical results have been received or sooner if passport expires within that 12 months. Check the COPR when it arrives for expiry date.
Thanks - I know from my email I have until November 2016 to activate PR. I've sent a copy of my passport and photo's to CIC as requested and waiting for the official COPR. Given email/letter when requesting for photos/passport said I can activate my PR before November, is it safe for me to book flights now or should I wait until I've received official COPR via post?
Old Mar 20th 2016, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

The letter I got through myCIC didn't have a specific date, only says I would need to activate it before my medical runs out, which would be just before Christmas. I sent my copy and photos at the start of the month, but not received my COPR yet. Have you received the COPR yet? It seems like the London visa office is taking longer to issue these.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

The letter I got through myCIC didn't have a specific date, only says I would need to activate it before my medical runs out, which would be just before Christmas. I sent my copy and photos at the start of the month, but not received my COPR yet. Have you received the COPR yet? It seems like the London visa office is taking longer to issue these.
My email definitely has a date of when I need to activate my PR. My letter requesting passport and photos was attached to this email. Did you apply via EE? I applied via FSW 2014 (So it's been a long process compared to EE).

I haven't received the COPR yet but I'm hoping to receive it this week. This Thursday will be 4 weeks since I submitted my passport copy and photos.

Because my email had the date I need to activate my PR by I'm a little confused as to whether that's enough to book my flight or not. I think I can but then I'm still awaiting for the COPR that they will send in the post
Old Mar 20th 2016, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Oh I see. I applied via EE, and so I didn't get an email with a specific date - I only got an email notification saying I had a message in myCIC account, which had the letter asking for passport copy and photos. Yeah that's quite a long process, you must be relieved!

I was looking to see how long other people had to wait to receive their COPRs after they submitted, and from within Canada, it seems like it was about two weeks. Hope you receive your soon this week. Otherwise the letter I got said you can contact them using the case specific webform to find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.