Question about language tests

Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough
Default Question about language tests

Hi, maybe people can advise on this.

My husband and I were ready to submit our application until we realised (thanks to some recent posts) that his university diploma won't be counted. As such we can still apply as I get 67 points without his education status mentioned. However, I could take the TEF test for my French and thus increase our points level. Unfortunately, the next exam I can attend in London isn't until the autumn (I live in the Channel Islands).

Could we submit our application now and once I have the results of my TEF examination forward those on to the CHC in order to increase our points level?

Would appreciate any help offered as to the best route.

Thanks

Kaz x
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: Question about language tests

I think if you claim points for language you should submit the test results (or other conclusive proof), but if you feel you would qualify without these points why don't you apply now and later update your application?

Originally Posted by Kazphillips

My husband and I were ready to submit our application until we realised (thanks to some recent posts) that his university diploma won't be counted. As such we can still apply as I get 67 points without his education status mentioned. However, I could take the TEF test for my French and thus increase our points level. Unfortunately, the next exam I can attend in London isn't until the autumn (I live in the Channel Islands).

Could we submit our application now and once I have the results of my TEF examination forward those on to the CHC in order to increase our points level?

Thanks

Kaz x
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:04 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as you have enough points (67) now and you have evidence of claimed proficiency in English then you may add TEF test results later - but before assessment stage.

Thanks

Kaz x
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Thanks Andrew.

Sorry if this is a little obvious but the assessment stage - is that 18/24 months after getting AoR when things actually start happening?

So on my application now should I claim French proficency and say results are to follow or put down 'none' and then send a letter and the results updating it in Sept/Oct when I get them?

Ta

Kaz x
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:58 pm

If you apply through London then you better submit TEF result within 8 months from application date, not from AOR.

Thanks Andrew.

Sorry if this is a little obvious but the assessment stage - is that 18/24 months after getting AoR when things actually start happening?

So on my application now should I claim French proficency and say results are to follow or put down 'none' and then send a letter and the results updating it in Sept/Oct when I get them?

Ta

Kaz x
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Andrew - I will make sure I do that.

Final question - what should I mark for French on the application form. Should I claim proficiency and say results to follow or put 'none' as I won't have evidence at the time of application?

Kaz x
Old Jun 15th 2005, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you apply through London then you better submit TEF result within 8 months from application date, not from AOR.
Andrew,

Why "within 8 months from application date" ? Does something happen ?

Patrick.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:45 pm

Because assessment may happen at any time and it is only somehow safe to assume that it won't happen in London in less than 8 months from application (as in past 12 months I have received IA with interview waivers from London within 9 to 14 months from application). If additional evidence is not already on file at the time officer makes initial assessment then it won't count later.

Originally Posted by smitp11
Andrew,

Why "within 8 months from application date" ? Does something happen ?

Patrick.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Because assessment may happen at any time and it is only somehow safe to assume that it won't happen in London in less than 8 months from application (as in past 12 months I have received IA with interview waivers from London within 9 to 14 months from application). If additional evidence is not already on file at the time officer makes initial assessment then it won't count later.
OK, thanks for clarifying that.

What happens between IA and rejection/interview/interview waiver ? Is this the period where it is advantageous to request CAIPS ? If so, how do you know IA has been completed ? Or is the gap between IA and the next step relatively short ?

Patrick.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 12:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smitp11
OK, thanks for clarifying that.

What happens between IA and rejection/interview/interview waiver ? Is this the period where it is advantageous to request CAIPS ? If so, how do you know IA has been completed ? Or is the gap between IA and the next step relatively short ?

Patrick.

Realistically - with questions as complex/specific as this, you need to consider hiring a professional to provide you with assistance. There is a limit to what an online forum can achieve.

Jeremy