Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about Certified True Copies?

Question about Certified True Copies?

Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

skytra7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Question about Certified True Copies?

Hi,

Part 3 of the application includes the document check-list. Last night I was reading in the "The Immigrants Guide" (IMM 3999) which talks about the photocopies of documents.

It mentions Certified True Copies.

Is it right that I will need to ensure that all the documents in the check-list of PART 3 are certified including those of my non-accompanying children or just mine?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:35 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Certified True Copies?

Hi

Originally Posted by skytra7
Hi,

Part 3 of the application includes the document check-list. Last night I was reading in the "The Immigrants Guide" (IMM 3999) which talks about the photocopies of documents.

It mentions Certified True Copies.

Is it right that I will need to ensure that all the documents in the check-list of PART 3 are certified including those of my non-accompanying children or just mine?
You read the section again. Assuming you are using the checklist for Western Europe, the only documents that require certification are those that are translated from another language into either French or English. Otherwise photocopies, except where originals are requested.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

skytra7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Question about Certified True Copies?

Excellent, thanks for your quick reply, so I guess that means I dont have to have my documents Notarised. thank you for your knowlegdge. I hve read it again and it appears that the certified true copies is linked to the section about translation of documents. However, I thought that this was an entirely different section relating to everyone (English speakers too!)

Thanks for clearing that up for me!