Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Query regarding documents to append to CSQ. Anyone help?

Query regarding documents to append to CSQ. Anyone help?

Old May 15th 2006, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of
Default Query regarding documents to append to CSQ. Anyone help?

Hi,

Well next month I will finally have enough savings to meet the minimum supported funds to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate. Needless to say I am quite excited and am beginning to pull everything together, university transcripts etc.

However I have just realised that the Paris office want me to send three months of current account statements. Sadly my current account is not very pretty as I use an overdraught facility and at end of each month I am sometimes close to it espescially recently. However every month I put X amount of money into a 'Canada savings fund' and its in here I have now enough to satisfy the minimum requirement for applying. How do I show this to them? If I send three months bank statements are they going to see me £1000 overdrawn each month and count this against me?

I don't see it as a problem as I am a home owner, car owner etc all of which I will sell before leaving and easily pay off my overdraught.

Any tips people?

All help very much apppreciated.
Old May 15th 2006, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

NewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really nice
Default Re: Query regarding documents to append to CSQ. Anyone help?

Hi there.

In addition to the three months worth of bank statements, the Paris Office also want details of other financial issues. We sent a recent house evaluation and a copy of the title deeds and the latest mortgage statement.

I imagine that *ALL* of your debits and credits will be looked at when they are weighing up your financial independence. All the financial documents took up over half of our supporting documents.

We didn't have enough in our savings/current account to meet the financial
criteria either.

Try www.immigrer.com (if your French is up to speed!!) for other people who have asked the same as you. Bonne chance.

Originally Posted by delsol79
Hi,

Well next month I will finally have enough savings to meet the minimum supported funds to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate. Needless to say I am quite excited and am beginning to pull everything together, university transcripts etc.

However I have just realised that the Paris office want me to send three months of current account statements. Sadly my current account is not very pretty as I use an overdraught facility and at end of each month I am sometimes close to it espescially recently. However every month I put X amount of money into a 'Canada savings fund' and its in here I have now enough to satisfy the minimum requirement for applying. How do I show this to them? If I send three months bank statements are they going to see me £1000 overdrawn each month and count this against me?

I don't see it as a problem as I am a home owner, car owner etc all of which I will sell before leaving and easily pay off my overdraught.

Any tips people?

All help very much apppreciated.
Old May 15th 2006, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NewWorldMan
Hi there.

In addition to the three months worth of bank statements, the Paris Office also want details of other financial issues. We sent a recent house evaluation and a copy of the title deeds and the latest mortgage statement.

I imagine that *ALL* of your debits and credits will be looked at when they are weighing up your financial independence. All the financial documents took up over half of our supporting documents.

We didn't have enough in our savings/current account to meet the financial
criteria either.

Try www.immigrer.com (if your French is up to speed!!) for other people who have asked the same as you. Bonne chance.
hello Newworldman,
just wondering if you have received any estimate of your processing time with the AR? and betw how many points do you score without the interview points?
Old May 15th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Cheers NewWorldMan, sent you an email.
Old May 16th 2006, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

NewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really nice

Nope, there was no estimate of the processing time. I was directed to a webpage that gave estimates of between 3 and 8 months.

However, I've just tried to find the link and came across THIS site that I didn't find before. Apparently, it was updated on May 3rd 2006 (so it is pretty much up to date!!) .... I wonder if the federal site will be doing something similar.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...ng.html#paris2

It gives the month that the CSQ folks are going through the applications. For applicants from England, they are up to December (2 months wait for me!!). Look down the list and they're all there.

I'm afraid I don't remember the actual score that we (my wife is the principal applicant) had. It was someway over all pass points though.

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
hello Newworldman,
just wondering if you have received any estimate of your processing time with the AR? and betw how many points do you score without the interview points?
Old May 16th 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

Thank you very much for this info, I did not know about this update before its helpful, but what I am also after is to know what would happen if an interview is required in other words how much time would it take more than if its waived.