Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Query about sponsored spouse questionnaire

Query about sponsored spouse questionnaire

Old Jun 25th 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Question Query about sponsored spouse questionnaire

We are trying to get as much filled in on the applications as possible in advance of our sending it off in September/October (apart from medicals, etc.). We were reading form IMM5490, which is the Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire, and have a query about the questions where it asks you to give details of your first meeting, how your relationship developed, formal ceremony/reception/honeymoon details, etc. How exactly is the best way to give these details (I already know it will be on attached sheets, there isn't enough room in 4-5 lines to give details of a relationship lasting 8 years!)? I know that they are not interested in reading our life stories, so it is best to avoid being anecdotal, but is it better to stick to bullet points of the key facts, or as a block of text?

Also, my husband and I met on the internet in 1996, and met in person in 1997, but we don't have records of the first contacts (we didn't keep chat logs back then), we then dated from 1997 to 1999, and have been living together since 1999. What kind of evidence do we need to prove that our relationship has been going on as long as it has? Are photographs OK, or photocopies of pages of our passports showing that we left the country together on holiday to the same place at the same time? We tend not to keep ticket stubs etc.

Lots of questions, and I'm sure there will be more to follow.

Thanks in advance.

Katie
Old Jun 26th 2005, 3:46 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query about sponsored spouse questionnaire

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
We are trying to get as much filled in on the applications as possible in advance of our sending it off in September/October (apart from medicals, etc.). We were reading form IMM5490, which is the Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire, and have a query about the questions where it asks you to give details of your first meeting, how your relationship developed, formal ceremony/reception/honeymoon details, etc. How exactly is the best way to give these details (I already know it will be on attached sheets, there isn't enough room in 4-5 lines to give details of a relationship lasting 8 years!)? I know that they are not interested in reading our life stories, so it is best to avoid being anecdotal, but is it better to stick to bullet points of the key facts, or as a block of text?

Also, my husband and I met on the internet in 1996, and met in person in 1997, but we don't have records of the first contacts (we didn't keep chat logs back then), we then dated from 1997 to 1999, and have been living together since 1999. What kind of evidence do we need to prove that our relationship has been going on as long as it has? Are photographs OK, or photocopies of pages of our passports showing that we left the country together on holiday to the same place at the same time? We tend not to keep ticket stubs etc.

Thanks in advance.

Katie
Any supporting documemt u can gather, would be well-enough! Dont go too much in details because u have lived together ample amount of time to prove that u are a couple....
Old Jun 26th 2005, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Thanks in advance.

Katie
hello, i have just sent my Spouse application to CIC. You are doing well to get a head start on yours. As i found it took much longer than i anticipated.
Have you read the guide and done searches on this forum. There is a wealth of information available.
I was more so stumped with Ques 12 of the Questionnaire form.
Any more information to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing.'
Here is where i wrote a brief detail outline of our meeting etc. and then added photos, airline tickets, cruise reciept etc....and phone receipts..wedding pictures...we also submitted cards we sent each other at Xmas, b'day etc.
.blah blah...these were all in scanned copies.

if you have been together as long as you have then it could also be a case of perhaps adding.
Joint- documentations, bank details. life insurances showing other as beneficiary, mortgage or rental lease in joint names,
As to when meeting a suggestion would be put first met online in ***** then in person at ********.
i think keep it to what they want and simple with accuracy.

good luck
Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I just kept ours really simple - like you say, if you start listing every relative they've ever met, every gift they'veever given, dates, etc etc it gets ridiculous!

I just put "Met at university" and put a guessed date as I don't remember exactly. I just put "Met parents and brother" and another rough date, as he's actually met about 20 of my family but I thought it was daft to list them all...

I happened to stumble across one ticket stub of a flight to Canada together so I sent that. Also just 1 pic of us with our son, utility bill and that was it for evidence of relationship. The form just didn't seem to be aimed at our circumstances so I kept writing "n/a" all over the boxes.

Good luck with yours, it's a relief when you finally get it off your hands Just wanted to say that short and sweet can be just as conclusive of a relationship as 50 pages and 100s of photographs!

Biiiiink
Old Jun 26th 2005, 11:23 am
Immigration Consultant

Bhagwan Ahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks in advance.

Katie
Whaterver documentary evidence you have in regard to your relationship such as going on honeymoon, staying in a hotel, making phone calls, attending family functions, buying of life insurance policy, buying car or buying a property, joint Bank account, donations, charity, renting a house in joint names are the most important documents.

These are the most important documents such hotel bills, telephone bills, bank passbooks, rent deeds, lease deeds etc.are always helpful in regard to the approval of immigration whether it is a skilled category or any other category.