Query about form IMM5540E

Old Jun 9th 2005, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Question Query about form IMM5540E

I'm trying to fill in form IMM5540E for a spousal sponsorship application, and I'm a little stuck on question 14, which is:

Has your spouse/partner ever met any of your close friends or family?

If you answer yes, it asks for their names, the date your partner met them, and their relationship to you.

OK, I think I'm probably reading too much into this, I understand that the purpose of this form is to ensure that the marriage is legitimate, and meeting friends/family is a critical part of that, but my husband and I have been together for 8 years, married for just over 6 months, and he's met probably over 100 of my family/friends over that time period.

I'm assuming that closer family (parents, siblings, etc.) would carry more weight than a friend I was at school with 7 years ago, so is it just a matter of prioritising their relationship to me, and giving the top 20 or so from the list?

Are rough estimates of dates OK? We can't even remember the exact date of the day we met each other, let alone the dates he met my family/friends!

Would it help to include a couple of wedding pictures of him completely surrounded by my extended family (there's a lot of us)?

I think I'm being overly paranoid about the whole application process. In theory, to us, it seems incredibly straightforward with no major hurdles in the application, but I can't help feeling the pressure of the "one shot to get it right" posts that seem to pop up on here every so often!

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Query about form IMM5540E

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
I'm trying to fill in form IMM5540E for a spousal sponsorship application, and I'm a little stuck on question 14, which is:

If you answer yes, it asks for their names, the date your partner met them, and their relationship to you.

OK, I think I'm probably reading too much into this, I understand that the purpose of this form is to ensure that the marriage is legitimate, and meeting friends/family is a critical part of that, but my husband and I have been together for 8 years, married for just over 6 months, and he's met probably over 100 of my family/friends over that time period.

I'm assuming that closer family (parents, siblings, etc.) would carry more weight than a friend I was at school with 7 years ago, so is it just a matter of prioritising their relationship to me, and giving the top 20 or so from the list?

Are rough estimates of dates OK? We can't even remember the exact date of the day we met each other, let alone the dates he met my family/friends!

Would it help to include a couple of wedding pictures of him completely surrounded by my extended family (there's a lot of us)?

I think I'm being overly paranoid about the whole application process. In theory, to us, it seems incredibly straightforward with no major hurdles in the application, but I can't help feeling the pressure of the "one shot to get it right" posts that seem to pop up on here every so often!

Thanks in advance.
Hi i am at the same space you are.
what i have done is....wrote the name of family members-relationship to me and the month and year my husband met them.

i have not met any of his family as they are scattered all over canada.

i relate to the stress of this process.....i am feeling it big time.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:25 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck

Thanks in advance.
Dont worry too much about them canuck! Just put the approximate date or month! CIC dosent care about it too much!
chill
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:25 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by amancharan
Dont worry too much about them canuck! Just put the approximate date or month! CIC dosent care about it too much!
chill
we did the same , just listed the close family and two close sets of friend, and approx dates....it was fine as we just had our approval back last week, so it was good enough!

good luck with it all

Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the advice all. I think I just need to calm down and think about stuff rationally!