Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Quebec Selection Certificate - Interview?

Quebec Selection Certificate - Interview?

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

moonshadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec Selection Certificate - Interview?

Good day all; My wife and I applied for the Quebec SC 5 Months ago and received the 'it's now being looked into/processed' letter about 2 Months ago. As a decision should be reached within the next 4-5 Months whether we receive the all important certificate, what is the likelihood that we will be asked to attend the formal interview in Paris? Has anyone applied for the certificate recently? If so, did you have to attend the interview in Paris?

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:20 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quebec Selection Certificate - Interview?

Quebec interviews almost all applicants, interview waivers are quite rare.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

We applied a while ago and had to attend an interview in Paris. I hope you are both pretty fluent in French as the interview was 99% in french.

So I'd encourage you to start preparing for the interview if you haven't already
Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:16 am
Just Joined

moonshadow is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. From this, it appears the interview is mandatory... Can anyone who has attended the interview offer any insights regarding what the panel/committee are looking for?
My wife is fully fluent in French, and I am at a (high) intermediary level. We believe that we meet all the criteria to successfully gain the certificate. Therefore, I deduce that the interview to to test our language skills and commitment to making a new life in Quebec - Is this correct?

Again, any advise is appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct. It is your opportunity to prove that you you meet all the requirements and to test your language ability and the likelihood of your successful integration into quebec.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

gembers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I went for the interview in Paris for the quebec skilled worker visa in 2006 and it wasn't daunting at all. I took my resume along and discussed my education and work experience and what i knew about quebec and what i wanted to do there.
My tip is brush up on your french, have a resume in both English AND French and you'll be fine